Chapter Ten

The next day, Jasper and I decided not to go to school and spend relaxing and hanging. Rosalie and Emmett graduated last year so they were home and Alice wanted to stay home too, Edward was the only one to go to school because he didn't want to leave Bella alone. We were all in the living room. Emmett and Rosalie cuddled up on one end of the couch, me and Jasper on the other side, Alice is sitting on the floor reading a fashion magazine, Esme and Carlisle, he didn't have work today, are up in their offices probably reading. It was silent and peaceful until Edward came barging in, muttering about how Bella went with Jacob to the Reservation. When he went to his room, we all looked at each other and laughed.

****************

It was 5:00, and now everyone was in the living watching the TV. Edward stood up, saying how he's going to check and see if Bella is home yet. He was gone for 10 minutes before Jasper got a call from him explaining how someone was in Bella's house and that Jasper and Emmett should track the scent. When they left, Edward came in with Bella.

"Someone, we know?" Carlisle asked when they walked in.

"Just a stranger. I didn't recognize his scent." Edward answered while Bella sat next to me and gave me a hug saying how she missed.

"A nomad passing through?" Esme wondered.

"A passer-by wouldn't have left Bella's father alive." Right after, Rosalie said that Jasper and Emmett came back.

"His scent disappeared about five miles south of Bella's house." Jasper informed us.

"Someone's orchestrating this." Carlisle said.

"Victoria?" Bella spoke.

"I would've seen her deciding." Alice said, debunking Bella's idea.

"It has to be the Volturi." Edward said.

"I don't think it's the Volturi either. I've been watching Aro's decisions, too."

"So, we keep looking." Emmett said.

"We also take shifts, guarding Bella at her house." Carlisle said, making a plan.

"Another protection detail?" Rosalie said, annoyed.

"Rosalie." Carlisle said in a fatherly tone.

"No, she's right. You can't protect me, watch my dad, and search for the intruder."

"And for Victoria." Rosalie added.

"And keep yourselves fed."

"I'm not leaving you here defenseless." Edward said, making me speak up for the first time.

"She won't be defenseless. I will stay with Bella." I looked over at Bella. "Will Charlie be okay with that?" Bella nodded, but before she could say anything, Jasper spoke.

"Darling," He said, making me look up at him. "We know you are probably the most powerful thing on this earth, but you still need to eat and sleep." He then looked at Carlisle. "Octavia will stay with Bella, but we will not leave them alone, we will stand guard out in the woods behind her house, just in case." I rolled my eyes at his protectiveness.

"Well, you all still need to feed, I won't let you starve. I can ask the..." Bella hesitated, but we all knew what she was going to say.

*****************

In the days that followed, I stayed at Bella's, and the Cullens and the shifters learned to at least try at working together. Although, we all have the day off today because Bella is going to the Reservation to hang out with Jacob. So, Pixie is making us get the house ready for next weekend, the graduation party.