Chapter Eleven

Edward, Bella, Jasper, and I are walking into the clearing, where the battle will take place, meeting up with Jacob. We are going to see if Jacob carried Bella to her hiding place; his scent will cover hers. When we reached Jacob, he was the first to speak.

"You're not fighting? What, you pull a muscle or something?"

"He's doing it for me. Okay?"

"Whatever. Just tell me the plan."

"This field will give us an advantage in battle. We need to lure the newborns with Bella's scent. It needs to end here." Jasper explained.

"Edward and I are going on a campsite. Even if he carries me, they'll still pick up our scents."

"Your stench, however, is revolting," Edward said with a look of disgusted.

"Dude, you really don't want to start comparing stinks." Right after Jacob said that, my phone rang. It was Nik; I excused myself from the group and walked a couple of feet away.

"Nik?" I said into the phone.

"Tavia, I have something to tell you, but you have to promise to stay in Forks for your safety." Nik said, making me tense a little.

"You have to tell me what it is first before, I promise."

"Right after you left, we found out that father was woken up, and he has the white oak stake."

"Right after I left!" I can feel Jaspers and Edward's eyes on the back of my head. "That was a couple of days ago, why are you telling me this now."

"Rebekah and I both agreed that you should stay in Forks with your mate. We didn't want to worry you."

"I need to come and help you guys."

"No, that's exactly what we didn't want." He sighed. "I am not even on Mystic Falls at the moment. You will stay there where you are safe and where your mate is, little sister."

I was silent for a couple of seconds but agreed. "Alright, but if you need anything, you call, okay?"

"Okay," he said, agreeing. "Listen, I have to go, be safe, little sister."

"You too." I said before hanging up the phone. I could feel my heart racing in fear that Mikael is awake with the white oak stake. I'm trapped in my thoughts of what could happen when I hear Jasper come up behind me.

"Darling," Jasper hesitated. "What's the matter? I can hear your heart racing." I turn to look at him with teary eyes, only adding to Jasper's worrying. He stepped forward and pulled me into a tight hug. "What happened?" He asked again more softly.

"Um, that was Nik." I said into his shoulder. "He said that our father is awake and roaming around with a white oak stake." When I mentioned the white oak stake, I felt Jasper tense knowing what that is. "He told me to stay here with you, where I am safe." Jasper hugs my tighter, nodding.

"Good because I'm not letting you out of my sight while you psycho father is roaming around with the one thing that could kill you." He said, kissing my head. Before I could respond, we both heard Jacob and Bella return, so we walked back over to Edward with Jasper's arm around my shoulders, holding me close.

"All I picked up was wolf stench. No Bella. This will work." Jasper said when Bella and Jacob reached us. J

"Well, I can still smell Bella," I said, making them look over to me. "But only because I'm an Original, so the newborns won't pick up on it." I reassured them.

When Jasper and I got back to the house, we went to the living room where most of the Cullens were, minus Edward. Jasper went over to Carlisle, whispering about something while I went to sit in between Rosalie and Pixie. They immediately pulled me into a conversation about the newest style of fashion. We talked for a few minutes but was pulled out of the discussion from Carlisle, who called for everyone's attention. I look up to see him looking at me.