Endings or New Beginnings

Gregory's POV
__________________

"You did it superstar! You beat Afton and Vanny!" Freddy happily laughs. Waving his hands happily around him. A large smile adorning his face.

Lifting my eyes from the broken animtronic at my feet. I stare in silence at the cheerful bear standing to my right. A feeling of deep sorrow warring with the feeling of satisfaction at finally ending this nightmare.

I know I should be happy. Yet as the sorrow overwhelmed the happiness. I found tears pricking the corners of my eyes. Wiping away Freddys smile in seconds.

"Superstar? Wha...."

"Ugh... What happened?" Montys iritated grumbles cut off Freddys concern filled question. Saving me from having to face the truth just yet. Turning away from Freddy. I warily watch as the once possessed Animtronics. Pick themselves up from the ground where they landed when they were released.

It was Chica who spotted me first. Eyes widening as the memories from the night came back to her. She began to wail in distress.

"Oh chick! I'm so sorry! I..." Rushing toward me to no doubt gather me into her wings. Panic coursing through me at being discovered. I stepped away from her eager wings. Hiding behind Freddy as I warily watched the distressed chicken.

Chicka noticing my discomfort. Dropped her wings. Stepping further away from me. Tears in her animtronics orbs. Monty was the next to speak.

"Kid. Um about what happened..."

"Its ok." I softly cut off. Avoiding his gaze even as my heart wanted nothing more to scream and yell for all they've put me through.

"No starlight. Its not." Moondrops soft voice behind me made me jump and spin around. The deep sorrow in his eyes had me fearful that he knew. As if reading my mind. Moondrop silently nodded. Indicating he knows but he won't say anything until I am ready to tell the others.

Although reassured that I wasn't about to be outed. I found myself feeling worse at the knowledge moondrop knows. Makes me wonder if Sunrise knows.

"He's right ya know. How I treated you no way to treat my number one fan." Roxy agrees. Pulling my attention away from the intimidating moon animtronic.

"Well. Thers nothing that can be done about it. No point crying over spilled milk." I sigh. Turning my wary eyes to each animitronic.

"Maybe not, but at least now you can go home. Its 5 minutes till 6 superstar." Freddy cheerfully states moving to place his hand on my shoulder. Which I skillfully dodge. Ignoring the hurt look in Freddys eyes at my movement. I stare moreously at the ground. Tears once more filling my eyes.

"No. I can't. " I softly state. Just barely loud enough for the animtronics to hear. Causing Moondrops sorrow to morph into true pain as he turns to stare at a wall. Unable to face what he and sundrop caused.

"Wha cha mean kid? Why can't ya go home?" Monty asks. His confusion matching the others expression.  I remain silent. Words failing me as my shoulders begin to tremble. Tears slipping freely down my cheeks as I refused to look at anyone in the room.

"Then stay here." Freddy cheerfully states when it becomes apparent I am not going to anwser.

"You can live here with us. I am sure between the 5 of us. We can convince mana...." Freddy trails off as I slowly lift my face to stare at him. My pain filled eyes sending fear shooting through him.

"G... Gregory? Wha... whats going on? What aren't you telling us." Freddy fearfully asks. Reaching a trembling hand toward me. Instead of anwsering I stay put. Allowing Freddy to grab my shoulder, or at list the area where my shoulder should be.

Freddy stares in mute horror as his hand passes through my body. As if I am not even there. Its then as dawning horror fills everyones eyes that I begin to speak.

"Do you remember when Sunrise kicked me out of the daycare? Screaming at the top of his lungs to garner attention?" At their hesitant nods I continue. Wrapping my arms around my chest in a pitiful self hug.

"Well I lied about what happened after. Yeah Roxy chased after me, but she wasn't the problem.  It was shortly after I escaped from her. Right before I met up with you Freddy that Vanny found me. I .... I didn't escape Freddy. She killed me, but somehow instead of moving on. My soul became trapped here. I was unable to leave until the nightmare had ended. Until vanny and Afton had been stopped."

"B..but how did I not notice? How were you able to hide it from me?" Freddy whimpers. Bottom lip trembling in distress.

"I was very careful not to let you touch me after it happened so that you wouldn't notice, but now...." I trail off at this. Unable to finish my sentence. My form already beginning to flicker around me.

"Now Afton is dead and vanessa is unconscious in the lobby, you are no longer trapped here." Chica finishes. Tears in her eyes.

"No! No! This can't be true! No!" Freddy cries falling to his knees in front of me, and trying in vain to grab my fading form. Tears blurring his vision. Offering a sad smile. I stop Freddys feeble attempts by using what little energy I have left to make my hand solid. Allowing me to place it on his cheek one last time.

"Freddy. I'm sorry but I can't stay. Thank you for seeing me this far. You were like the dad I always wished I had. I love you daddy." I faintly whisper as Freddy keans into my touch. With one last pained smile. I vanish from view. Leaving Freddy to burst into tears as the animtronics huddle around him. Offering what little comfort they can. Moondrop overcome by his guilty grief flees to the daycare where he sobs his heart out until the lights turn on. In which case Sunrise takes over. Wailing and barring the daycare doors from visitors he throws himself into the ballpit drowning in grief.

Two days later. As the animtronics. Mournfully slink around the pizza plex. A little bear cub animtronic opens its puppy brown orbs to a blond haired guard with large hopeful blue eyes.

"Hello Gregory. Welcome back."

The End