𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. a dance with the devil

chapter twenty-seven

( a dance with the devil )
cw: panic attack & brief mentions of suicide.

              UPON RETURNING TO HOGWARTS GROUND, ASCELLA'S BODY SLAMMED INTO THE MUD-RIDDEN GROUND beneath her, a groan slipping past her chapped lips at the forceful impact

              UPON RETURNING TO HOGWARTS GROUND, ASCELLA'S BODY SLAMMED INTO THE MUD-RIDDEN GROUND beneath her, a groan slipping past her chapped lips at the forceful impact. Screams of joy erupted around her, though they were all oblivious to the true horrors that has previously occurred. Her figure convulsed at the streaks of pain that leaked into her veins and tormented her mind.

              In simpeler terms, Ascella looked like a mess. Blood and dirt were mixed together on her pale-as-a-ghost skin, painting her face into the most grotesque shape. Her hair, which she hadn't grown back again, was unevenly cut, due to Wormtail, and was hanging around her jaw in messy tendrils, ash and mud sticking to it.

              She couldn't move, nor speak. It seemed that she could hardly breath. Any oxygen that remained in her lungs had vanished, leaving her gasping for air and frozen on the ground. All noise around her had blurred into slurring, booming tones, resulting in Ascella not able to determine what were her thoughts and what was reality.

              "Ascella! Ascella, breathe," a comforting voice pulled Ascella from her delirious thoughts, her eyes focusing on the familiar face in front of her. Professor McGonagall stared at the girl below her, a parental gleam of concern swimming in her usually-cold eyes. "Come on, dear, stand up for me."

              As she helped Ascella stand, the shouts of suspicion and judgemental phrases began to infiltrate the barrier in her mind, panic settling in more.

              "Is that Ascella Black? What's she doing there?"

              "She was helping Potter, of course! Cheaters, both of them!"