Chapter 32

SORRY FOR LATE UPDATE!!

There are few things that I find joy in lately.

Making tacos with my friends. Zack's smile. Raj's random facts. Mia's dancing.

But nothing compares to when I get a phone call from Jaden Brown at three in the morning out of nowhere.

At first, I'm overwhelmed by confusion. I consider not even picking up because it's three AM. He has to be drunk.

Still, I can't possibly go on with life not knowing what he was going to say.

When I pick up, I can hear the happiness in his voice. "Amelia?" he says.

"Hi," I say. "What's going on?"

There's the boom of men's laughter in the background. Jaden seems to cheer with someone on the other line before returning. "I'm getting married!"

I pause.

Did I hear that right?

"Congrats!" I let out, hoping the confusion doesn't come across in my voice. "Uh... When did this happen?"

"Huh?" he says, his voice blending into the noisy background. "Hold on!"

There's some rustling and then I hear a higher pitched, "Amelia!"

A smile forms on my face. "Lola," I greet. "Hey."

"Jaden proposed!" she exclaims. "I still can't believe it."

"I'm so happy for you," I reply.

"We're getting married next month!"

"Next month?!" I exclaim. "What about the wedding preparations?"

"Are you kidding?" she says. "I've been planning our wedding since I was eight years old."

"That's amazing," I say. "I'm so happy everything worked out for you guys."

"You're coming, right?" she says. "I'll send you all the info. Bring Zack too!"

I smile. "You're the bride. Whatever you want."

"That's what I like to hear," she replies. Someone calls for her in the background. "Ah, I have to go. I'll send you the invite ASAP, okay?"

"Okay!" I reply. "By the way, Lola, where's the wedding venue?"

"Huh?" she says. "Oh, it's in our hometown, of course!"

With that, she hangs up the phone.

A/N: tfw u realize u never gave the characters' hometown a name
Also I apologize for the late update. My head is all over the place and I'm a mess.