020½

disclaimer; this chapter is after the New Years scene.

Aaliyah sat up, "You know we have things to talk about, like a part of me despises the fact that I'm sitting with you right now." She had a plush grey cushion clad in her arms sitting a few centimetres slightly away from Jude, with her head down playing with her phone.

"I know, we've got plenty to catch up on Aaliyah. I apologise for everything like I genuinely didn't mean to hurt you, she was just there and then someone pushed her face into mines. I honestly was avoiding her all night," Jude pulled his hood down, playing with the drawstrings nervously. He'd seen stern Aaliyah, he was scared of that side of her.

"It's not that, it was the video. It was more than one kiss, like did you really think that little of me? You knew I genuinely liked you, like was it ever worth it to you? Did you ever want me, was I ever good enough-"

"You've always been good enough for me, don't say that." He said, reaching out for her hand which she pulled away. "I don't care how little I've known you, I'm telling you that it's always going to be you. Always."

"That night bought me to the truth, I even remember the sunset was pretty and I wanted to send a picture of it to you. I can't even recall how much I drank that night just to realise how small I felt in that argument with you. It was like I didn't matter for a second." Aaliyah sniffed, wiping her tears with the back of her hand. The tears damp on her face twisted like a knife in Jude's heart knowing the pain it caused her.

Jude nodded in response, "I can't deny you of your feelings, I can't deny you of your anger. I don't want to make whatever seem minuscule cause deep down I know if it was me I'd go crazy if that was you and Jamal. I still didn't like what happened with Jamal, but he cared for you when I didn't."

"That was your other problem, Jamal did so much for me. You assumed me and Jamal had feelings for each other when Jamal helped when you stood me up and when that video came out. Me and Jamal are strictly friends, if anything that's literally my brother from another mother."

"Make peace with me, shit I promise you if it doesn't work then... just give me more one for chance Aaliyah!" Jude pleaded with the girl, he wasn't used to begging for things but right now he'd beg over and over again for Aaliyah's full attention and mercy. That was how desperate he was to reconcile with her. They say when you know the one, you immediately want them in your life and that's how it felt for Jude.

Jude was used to seeing Aaliyah in his house more often than not and within all the months they had no contact, there felt a void in his house. The dining room table where Aaliyah would prop her laptop up and gave her AirPods in doing her work, their matching black UGG slippers, the homely smell whenever she used to cook and just the warm heat of her beside him in bed. Although, everyone else had thought he was okay he wasn't really. He'd look at her Instagram account in an attempt to not miss on the little details in her life, he was obsessed in a good way.

"I don't know—" said Aaliyah, normally Aaliyah was rational. She didn't know what had tempted to her to invite him in or first of all to kiss him back.

"Aaliyah, why the hesitation?"

Aaliyah spoke, "Cause you knew everything the moment I let you in, you know everything about me. You knew how easy it is for my trust to break, you knew how hard it was to get me to open up and then you fucked it all up." The moments of hesitation had led to this, Aaliyah's walls were back up like the Great Wall of China. She'd have plenty of fucked up relationships in the past and this was slowly becoming one.

"I'll give you time, time to think and decide. I don't want to say 'I love you' right now in this situation but I really do like you and I want you in my life. I'm not like your past love, I truly want you for you. Every little part, even the annoying ones." He said before chuckling, kissing her on the forehead before getting up.

Aaliyah sighed and closed her eyes, "Stay. Not like that though. I can smell some alcohol on you and I don't want to risk you getting in an accident. The guest room is free." Aaliyah picked herself up and made her way to her wardrobe and handed him some of his clothing. Jude smiled at the way that she still had kept it and the fact that he could spot one of his hoodies on the back of her chair.

"Thanks Liyah, I'll see you in the morning. Get some rest." As he exited the room, leaving her alone with her thoughts.

Aaliyah yawned, it'd been a long night other than the fact that Jude was in the room next door. She didn't get much sleep, rather her mind was conflicted with what to do.

Aaliyah wrapped herself in her dressing gown, making her way to the kitchen to make breakfast.

"Morning, thanks for letting me stay

"Morning, thanks for letting me stay." said Jude, as she jumped at the voice. She faced the back of him and she couldn't help but gape at his figure as he cooked up breakfast, any much longer and Aaliyah would start fantasising about him as heat rushed to her cheeks as she heaved heavily.

Aaliyah cleared her throat, "It's okay. I wasn't expecting you to be cooking breakfast."

"Aren't you always screaming princess treatment only?" He chuckled, his laugh loud in Aaliyah's apartment which she only welcomed with open arms.

"Yes! That's cause I do deserve it." She said, as she popped the strawberry from her pancakes that Jude had just given her into her mouth. "You sure do remember things."

Jude arched his eyebrows, "Go on, test me!" As he watched her intently, he waited for her first question.

"Favourite show?"

Jude scoffed as if it was the most silliest thing she'd said, "Make it harder, Power. 'Always bring back Ghost'. He said, mimicking her voice before she got annoyed.

"Hm, I have a question for you then. Favourite hairstyle on me?"

"That's a hard question, I like every hairstyle you get. I like your natural hair, I like when you have butterfly locs, I like when you sleek your hair in a bun, I like when you had it in that bun and then you had them curly bits like two weeks ago. Where was you going? Looking all nice." He mumbled at the end, jealousy getting to him more than he'd liked to have admitted.

"Have you been keeping tabs on me?"

He said, "Yes, well no."

"Oh... I'm just going to cut to the chase. I've been thinking, I spent the whole night thinking to be honest. If we're going to do this again, I want to take it slow."

Jude smiled, "Slow, that's fine by me. However you want to take it. I promise I won't do anything wrong again."

"I need to regain my trust with you, I hope that's fine."

"It's a deal. I got you, I mean it."

—-
VOTE PLS
ig; laiicarti for the ppl who wanna interact with me💘💕💝

so this is the long awaited chapter, i feel like everyone got so confused thinking it was a dream but there was genuinely a time where i didn't want to carry on w the book but wanted to speed up the timeline which in hindsight wasn't the best thing to do 😭.
imma tired girl and busy, i'll try my best pray for me😭!