019

019
exes collide

Kiera pleaded, "Aaliyah, let me in. Open the door please." Kiera was one of Aaliyah's friends in Germany, yes the girl had finally gotten out her shell. Kiera was kind, not a bad bone within her.

"I'm coming right now, hold on." She said, flinging the door open with a roller in her hair and a crisp in her hand.

"Oh, you're fine. Not crying, nothing."

"Duh, let's go to the club. A little alcohol in my system, imma finish getting ready so hurry up Kee." She said, laughing at the expression etched on Kiera's face really questioning if this was a good idea. "I'm okay, don't worry too much about me."

"If you say so..." She muttered under her breath before returning to her room and getting ready.

The club was busy streaming with multiple people, the muddled smell of sweet vanilla and cedar wood on the dance floor poignant in the air. Aaliyah stood on the dance floor with Kiera, she was tipsy and her words beginning to slur a bit but she was brilliant at hiding it. In the club, the music blared loudly in her ear. She was moving recklessly, she whined against Kiera playfully.

"Shit, you think I slide in mama?" He asked politely, waiting for a response. He was sexy, no lie. Brown skin shining, clean arms with no tattoos. He was decked out in jewellery from his fingers to his neck but it looked good on him, some people can't pull it off but for him it worked.

"Sure thing." said Aaliyah as she looked at Kiera. "He's fine as fuck." She whispered into her ear.

"Sorry for not introducing myself first, don't worry I have manners." He said, chuckling into her ear. She could sense his cheeky persona from a mile away, the type of cheekiness that lit up a room and the type that had girls falling at his feet. "I'm Callum by the way, you look like a diamond right now. Shit, I entered and I was like woah who's that to my boy."

Aaliyah laughed at his compliment, "Diamond huh? Diamonds are cute but boy you are looking like a dime right now." She said, tapping onto his jewels with her nails. "You know, I don't like jewellery on men but you're pulling it off. Rare species, like I see it on Lil Baby and I'm like nah he's doing too much with it." She rambled on, abruptly stopping to her halt when she heard chuckling beside him. Boy was the alcohol was kicking in.

"Clearly I'm doing something right, you haven't even given your name to me miss. I mean, yeah I am enjoying this Lil Baby rant but.."

"My bad, I'm Aaliyah."

"What are you doing here in Germany?"

"Studying, you?"

"Work. Do you know any spots out in Germany? Like I only landed here a couple days ago but shit I miss my mum's jollof bare." He laughed, as if he was embarrassed to say it but that was cute to Aaliyah. He liked his mums cooking. "I miss my barber too."

"Jollof? Ghanaian jollof or Nigerian jollof?"

"Are you silly? Easy question, Ghanaian. Come on now."

The two spent the night talking, it was free company but truthfully she wasn't feeling it so she passed him to Kiera. And okay, Aaliyah was out of it. Honestly, wow she had no clue the next morning when she woke up.

University life was kicking in for Aaliyah, assignments left right centre was taking up her time and truly she hadn't took any time to bat an eye to Jude. It was late at night, Aaliyah was making her way to the gym with a bottle clad in her hand.

She'd been welcoming the soon to be January's weather with open arms, the country lately had numerous tourists due to football matches and whenever she had the chance she'd watch them.

"Excuse me, aren't you Aaliyah?" said someone tapping her bare shoulder as Aaliyah paused her music. She looked at the girl in front of her, a small petite white blonde. Aaliyah didn't know if she was supposed to know who this blonde was, to her every blonde person looked remotely the same let alone a white girl.

She cleared her throat, "And you are?". The blonde girl eyed her like she deserved rent money, a bit shocked like she didn't know who she was.

"Daisy, ring a bell? You took my man away from me." She said, Aaliyah yawned unconsciously. She really thought London would've spared her drama but here in Germany out of every place she'd met this girl.

"Babe, go get your man. Cause he sure in hell isn't mine right now." Right now? Aaliyah had realised that slipped, she liked him and she couldn't hide the fact anymore. Her mind had pondered to memories when she was laying in bed at night like when they went ice skating and Jude dropped so many times. She'd even videoed him to keep it as a memory, not that he knew cause he would've deleted it immediately.

Daisy rolled her eyes, "Who do you think you are sis? Cause it isn't me you're giving attitude to." The irony in finishing the sentence was what killed Aaliyah because anybody can see how nervous Daisy was right now. Her little legs trembling in fear.

Aaliyah scoffed at Daisy's threat, "Babe, I'll beat the crap out of you. Don't embarrass yourself now or in the next life." She didn't grow up with brothers for no reason and she sure in hell didn't do taekwondo and have a brown belt in karate which would soon be a black belt. She was lucky the gym was empty right now, the women's section was completely empty so she was spared from embarrassment.

And then Daisy threw the first punch and all hell broke out.

—-

if you're a true reader then you'll vote xoxo.

thoughts and opinions. drop em if you want 🤣