31

Jude had been thinking about the Bundesliga final day, it'd been a week since and he'd been thinking about his son. He didn't like the way Aaliyah had went about it by denying him the opportunity to be with his son and allow him to be the father figure in his life but he could understand why as well.

He was struggling with the concept that she was pregnant with his child, that little boy was his.
He knew there was no way that Aaliyah would contact him, the girl had probably blocked him on all socials.
So, his next best effort was one of her brothers. He knew Trey hated him a lot more than Kai but as Aaliyah's older brother he'd probably seen how difficult it was for her.

So, he pulled up Kai's instagram on his phone and messaged him. And, he waited until Kai responded hoping that he would. Hours of waiting for a response, Kai had finally responded much to Jude's delight. Kai had agreed to meet Jude with Armani at a nearby cafe, without letting Aaliyah know or Trey know.

Jude sat patiently at the table hoping that he wasn't fed false information by Kai as he waited. After half an hour, the two strode in with Armani energetic in his little Nike tracksuit.

"Kai!" shouted Jude, letting him know that he was here at the table.

He nodded to Armani to go next to Jude as he placed an order.

Jude enthusiastically spoke, "Hi Armani!". He felt awkward, he didn't know how to approach this situation. It isn't everyday you meet your son after a couple years.

The toddler giggled, "Oh! My mummy knows you, I saw you!". He smiled, Armani was an uplifting character to those in his lives. He wasn't one to cause a fuss but that didn't mean he didn't get his way with his uncles always.

Jude laughed at the little boy's energetic enthusiasm, "Yes your mummy knows me. I got you a present!". Jude had popped into the closest toy shop and had bought him a car toy. He put the box on the table as Kai joined them bringing some food along the way.

"What do you say Armani?" said Kai, Kai had passed him a drink slipping off the toddler's hood. Unlike Trey, Kai was more immature but over the years he'd grown to become more like Trey with a temper a lot less than his older brother.

"Thank you!" said Armani, pulling Kai down and attempting to whisper in a voice but failing to do so. "What do I call him uncle Kai?"

Kai was hesitant, "Jude."

As much as this was going against his sister's back, he knew that Jude had the right to see his son. He opted it against it multiple times, pacing up and down the room before he placed himself in Jude's shoes. Although, Jude wasn't completely in the right but he also wasn't completely wrong and the two had a dispute to overcome themselves. Placing Armani at the forefront, Kai knew that he was the most important person. He didn't want his nephew to grow without a dad, he knew how much of a father figure was instrumental to a boy once he likened himself to friends and family without.

"Thanks for doing this for me."

Kai nodded, "It's fine, chat to him. He's quite talkative."

"What's your name?"

"I'm Armani!"

Jude fired questions at the little boy, he'd missed a lot of his years so he tried to make up for it. He learned his favourite colour, he learned what he liked. Like his father and uncle, he said he liked football and cars. He loved the movie Cars, that red was his favourite colour because of Cars. His favourite food, Armani said he loved when his mum would give him rice and peas with his favourite chicken.

Armani asked, "What do you like to do?". A yawn followed after as he covered his mouth, Jude could see that Aaliyah had taught him good manners.

"I like football too."

"Like uncle JamJam."

"Yep, are you tired?"

He nodded, placing his head onto Kai's arm and closed his eyes.

"It was nice seeing you Armani. You better take him home. Let me know when you get home." Jude said to Kai. "Thanks for everything Kai, I'm sure Aaliyah will know straight away but it's fine. I'll deal with it."

"I'm not doing it for you, my nephew needs a father figure so I'm hoping you step up."

---

Kai carried Armani in his hands as he shut the door behind him, Armani stirred in his hands grasping the toy car tightly before opening his eyes.

Aaliyah smiled, "Armani! I missed you." Although, she trusted her son in the hands of her brother she couldn't help but to worry about his wellbeing when he wasn't with her which was natural. She'd never known she could have grown so protective of an individual until he came into her life. "Armani, where did you get this car from? It's nice! Uncle Kai's spoiling you rotten!" She grabbed the toy from his hand and took of his hat.

Armani reached for the car but Aaliyah had a firm grip on it. "Uncle Kai didn't get it for me--". The toddler was cut off by Kai himself. Aaliyah looked at Kai with confusion settling in her face before letting the toddler speak again.

"Who did?"

Armani laughed, "Jude! He's so nice, he likes football like me!"

Aaliyah's face dropped as did the car she once had in her hand as it crashed to the floor with a thud.

"My car! Mummy, you dropped my car!"

Aaliyah exhaled, "I'm sorry baby. Can you go to your room? I left you some snacks there." She grabbed the toy box and placed it in his hands once more, Armani grabbed the toy box as he walked to his room sending his mum a look back before closing the door as he looked at his toy happy that it wasn't broken.

"What the fuck Kai? You can't just take my fucking son to see him without my permission!" She said, keeping her voice at a minimal tone as she shook her head frantically in disbelief at her brother's recklessness and her heart sunk with betrayal. "Does Trey know?"

"No. You have to stop doing this, if he didn't want to play an active part then he wouldn't have bothered. You don't know how much times he asked, do you think I want to deny my nephew a father figure in his life? You think he doesn't ask about his dad sometimes to me and I just have to pretend like I don't have a clue. Yeah, that fucking hurts considering how much we all appreciate Dad. We're grown now, Armani's life is your first priority. He needs a father figure and I know it ended it all shit but you've got to put that aside and focus on Armani. Don't deny Jude the chance of being his dad and if he fucks up then it's a conversation we can have with Armani once he grows up."

"Yeah but..."

Aaliyah sighed, he was right. But, this was a matter wider than just letting Jude visit him. She didn't want him to have unsupervised visits, she didn't want him to let him keep him and she wanted to keep him away from any danger that could come with Jude's life.

--

ig: laiicarti for anything book related!

please vote guys, i'll finish this book!

kind of happy that i've wrote this chapter.