fifty

THEIR HANGOVER LASTED THE ENTIRE next day, even with the use of potions. Past that conversation about sex, Celestia didn't remember much. Thankfully.

Avoidance had been her forte for the past couple days, not just of Theo, but all three men. Her sleep had been full of terrors for the past couple nights, except for the night she'd practically passed out drunk; and that dream was the reason she'd been avoiding Theo.

It was the only time in the last two weeks that she hadn't had a bad dream. In fact, it was the complete opposite of a nightmare. Simply thinking of the dream from a few days ago had her eyes shuttering closed.

His hands threading through her hair before cupping the back of her head, his lips slanting over hers. She threaded her arms around his neck, and he pulled her closer until their hips were pressed together so close that not even a fraction of space separated them.

Dream Theo tilted her head back, sliding his tongue into her mouth and pushed her against the wall behind her. Her hands moved down over his chest, unbuttoning his shirt and gliding her hands over those faint abs of his.

Groaning into her mouth, he tore his lips away and pressed them to her throat. She arched her neck, giving him more access, and pulled him impossibly closer by the belt loops of his jeans. The evidence of his arousal pressed against her, and she shifted, needing more friction, and they both groaned.

He left a trail of his kisses up her throat, nipping at the lobe of her ear. "We should probably stay quiet, darling."

She made a strangled noise, quelling it by biting her lip. He caught her jaw, and his thumb skimmed over her bottom lip, pulling it out from between her teeth. When his thumb still lingered, she pulled it into her mouth.

His eyes darkened with desire, and he pressed his thumb down on her tongue. A low rumble worked its way out of him, and she delighted in knowing the way she was affecting him.

His thumb slipped out of her mouth, and his fingers danced down over her body until they hooked underneath the hem of her shirt. The coldness of his rings teased her stomach, and the faint brush was enough to send goosebumps rising on her skin.

Yanking the shirt over her head, he threw it somewhere across the room. Her eyelashes fluttered, and he tilted his head down to press his forehead against hers. Barely restraining his control, his breath coming out roughly.

His lips hovering right against her own, but not quite pressing them. "I need you to tell me how far we're going to go. What do you want, baby?"

"You," she whispered. Each word made her lips touch his. "In every way possible, I need you."

Their lips met in a fervent, hurried kiss. Her hands found themselves in his hair, curling her fingers in the loose curls on his nape for purchase. She wanted to stay like that forever; Theo's lips on hers, bodies pressed so tightly together than she didn't know where she ended, and he began.

His hand splayed against her bare skin now, she shivered. One hand moved to cup her hip, the other fisting all of her hair and tugging, giving himself perfect access from down her neck, over her collar, and the curve of her shoulders—

"What are you thinking?" A voice broke through the memory of her dream.

She yelped. Literally yelped, splashing the tea out of her cup and onto the counter. Heart pounding wildly in her chest, she spun around to face Theo. Her entire body felt as if it were burning alive, and she hoped that the evidence of it didn't stain her skin pink.

Furrowing his eyebrows, he took a step forward. "Are you feeling alright? You look a little flushed."

He raised a hand as if he planned to press the back of his palm to her forehead. She jumped backwards, not sure if she could handle his touch. He balled his hand into a fist and lowered it.