CHAPTER TWO: Living With Monster

Andrew POV:

Everyday is a nightmare in this pack. Dark clouds surround the pack ground with thunderous storm. Pack members are anxious about the mood of their alpha.

This pack is deprived from every ounce of happiness. The streets were abandoned. The shops are closed. Family members were locked in their homes and they occasionally peek through their window.

Children didn't have the luxury to play and run in their wolf form at any time.

The reason behind all this calamities is none other than my father. David Jules. He is a cold hearted bastard who killed his very own mate for sticking up for the pack.

His mind is sick and he finds pleasure in torturing the pack which should have been protected by him as an alpha.

I have to play my cards right. To free each and everyone from this misery or else everything will be destroyed in a second.

I thought of my life and my mood instantly darkened to kill him for what he had done. Walking to the one of the prison cell in dungeon, a familiar scent hit me, my sister. My birdie. The remaining family member who I love so much, is locked in there.

She has been in the cell for 5 years now. My father finds satisfaction by putting his daughter in the cell. He won't touch her or hit her with his own hands. But that doesn't stop him from using the alpha command.

Alpha command is the wolf voice which holds high authority in it. Every wolf that belongs to this pack will obey the command without any thought. If they try to resist the command, they get exhausted.

That bastard will order my sister to cut herself using his command. I can't help her and she knows that. We need to play our own cards. I need to bring this sorry alpha rule to an end. I can end this misery in one fight if I can. But I can't because he has his allies with him.

I need to balance them. So, I have been travelling from pack to pack for help.

My thoughts were halted when I see my sister curled up in a ball. She has 10 cuts in her stomach. I opened her cell. She looked up when she heard the rattle noise.

"Andrew, what are you doing here? If he saw you here, matters will get worse"

I brought a plate of food for her to eat. Since my father ordered the guards to starve her. I sat beside her and brought her to my lap.

"Don't worry birdie. He went to neighbouring pack for a treaty. Now eat the food"

She didn't touch the food and just stared at it.

I got worried "what happened Avery? you need to eat to survive this"

"I knew drew but father ordered not to eat by myself"

"You only can't eat by yourself but I can feed you right. Here" I took a piece of sandwich and brought it near her mouth. She took it in her mouth and chewed.

She whimpers "It hurts drew."

I closed my eyes and whispered 'Guérir birdie' (Heal birdie). I have ability to do word magic. It works only in french. For that I took french as my communicational language in school and college. My mom was also had the same ability. She told me to keep it a secret from my father. I have showed my ability only to my sister.

Her wounds started to heal from magic and she sighs in relief. "Thank you Drew. You are the best brother. I love you"

"I love you too, birdie" I whispered and planted a kiss to her forehead. Avery's eyes started to droop due to exhaustion so I placed her down and shifted into my very rare wolf form. My wolf name in Matt and he is a white wolf.