CHAPTER NINE: Gala

Mike POV:

Today is the day of the gala. We have a huge ballroom in our pack house. Omegas made decorations in the ballroom that are supervised by Leo. They were made based on the theme colours red and gold. Curtains were hanged in every corner and balloons were scattered on the sides of the room. On the right side a dinner table is set, with the buffet system that contains a various types of food. At the corner, a bar set up is made and it is organized by a bartender, who is one of our pack member.

We have doubled our security system and installed cctv camera in every corner. Warriors are wandering around the area looking out towards the forest for any sign of threat.

I was dressed in cream coloured suit with burgundy shirt underneath with few buttons popped out. I styled my hair to one side with few strands falling on my face. A copper bracelet with my name etched is tightly engulfed in my right hand.

First set of guests started to arrive. I'm at the entrance along with Leo and Drake. A tall muscular man with blonde hair and tattoos in his right arm came forward with a similar figured man but with black hair to the entrance. I know them.

"Hello Alpha Carson. Thank you for coming." I greeted him. He is from Blue Moon pack. Our pack falls just under his in rank. He found his mate only recently, so he doesn't have a heir. That's why he must have brought his beta. My assumption is confirmed when he introduced.

"Thank you for inviting us for this gala Alpha Mike and I would like to introduce you to my Beta Shane." He pointed towards the black haired guy. I gave him a nod in acknowledgement.

"Please go inside and enjoy the event". I forced a smile at them. He just gave me his arrogant smirk. Carson is a shady guy, his pack has strong bond with David's pack as Carson's father is a friend of David. I can't trust him in my pack, I need to keep an eye on him.

They gave us a nod and went inside. We greeted several more Alpha's like Alpha Nicole, Alpha Ezi with his son, Alpha Karter with his twins and some Luna's of the deceased Alpha's with their kids who are next in line. But still there is no sign of Alpha Andrew and David.

It's finally time for the welcome speech as the council members have also arrived for the event. Only the members of Black storm pack is not yet arrived. I brushed the lingering bad vibes to the back of my mind and made my way to the centre stage. It was arranged in a circular podium with a mic.

"I welcome all the Alpha, Luna, and soon-to-be Alpha to the Gala of Crescent Moon Pack. For who don't know me I'm Mike Turner, Alpha of this pack". I introduced myself since the kids in this event might not aware of me. After making sure I have everyone's attention, I continued.

"This is my brother, beta of the pack Leo Turner and Delta Drake". I introduced the two men standing either side of me.

"Introduce yourself with other pack, trade supplies, make amends and you guys can show how to run pack to the future Alpha's. Please enjoy the ambience provided by my pack and loose yourself in foods and drinks. Let's start the gala with a champagne".

Leo handed me the champagne bottle from the table. Shaking the bottle for few seconds, I popped the cork from the bottle and the liquid bubbles through the lid. Everyone cheered, whistled and just like that the party began.

Drinks were circulated among guests by the omegas. Everyone started to mingle and discuss about anything and everything with others. I scanned the crowd for any sign of Andrew but I can't find him. Then my eyes landed on the council members talking with Alpha Carson, as if they can sense me their eyes locked with mine. They look smug about something with a smirk. I turned away quickly, something definitely is wrong.