CHAPTER FIVE: Punishment

Mike POV:

Alpha Andrew dashed out of the room with a threatening final statement. If he can do magic, then he will be true to his words in destroying us. I just sat there bewildered at the reality of the most powerful pack.

I was broken out of my thought when my brother ran and shifted to his wolf and scurried away through window. I got worried, so I shifted to my wolf and trailed behind him. Leaving Drake alone, without any word.

Leo slowed his movement near a river and sat beside the rocks. This is the river which we go for camping with my parents. He returned to his human form and pulled his legs to his chest and started to sob.

I shifted back and changed into a shorts which we hung in every tree in the forest. I slowly made my way to him and sat beside him. We sat there in silence, neither one of us spoke.

Soon his cries turned into sniffles and he rested his head on my shoulders and relaxed. I stroked his hair to calm him down.

"Mike, I saw the pain in his eyes when I accused him for being selfish. But he is the one, who suffered a lot and still suffering."

He continued "How can I judge my mate without hearing his side? Why did I do that? Will he hate me for my actions"

I continued to stroke his hair "I also reacted the same way. It's the reflex action. You didn't do anything wrong."

He argued "But he is my mate. How can I question him?"

"You need to have trust in your mate. That doesn't mean you have no right to question their actions. Think about when I placed him in the dungeon. I was ashamed of my action, but he didn't complain about it. Infact, he wanted it to happen to prove our worth." I replied.

"He didn't say anything about claiming me while leaving" He said with a hint of hurt.

"His sister is alone in that pack. He need to be there for her like I'm here for you. He will contact you when the time comes" I reassured him.

Suddenly he went tense and became silent. I waited for him to speak but his eyes are glazed as though he is mindlinking someone.

____________________________________

Leo POV:

While I was explaining to my brother how I feel about the encounter with Andrew, I heard a voice in my head that is not from our pack link. I got tensed at the intrusion in my head.

'Hello mate' a voice spoke in my head and I instantly recognised that the voice belongs to my mate.

'How could you mind-link me?' I asked curiosity won over me.

He laughed 'I'm a man of many talents remember. I sensed your worry through the bond that I linked with the mate bond. So, without marking I can sense your emotions'

'oh' was the only reply I could mutter.

'Don't worry I won't intrude your thoughts. Your secrets are safe with you'  He answered my unanswered question. He added 'why I feel sadness from you?'

I sighed and decided to tell him the truth 'I thought you were mad at me for accusing you. That's why you didn't ask about claiming me while you left our pack'

He replied 'This is not the right time to discuss. Don't worry you are all mine. For now, rest and deal with your pack. I'm at my pack border. So, see you soon'

That assured me no matter what, he is mine. I replied 'Bye Andrew' and cut the link.

I turned to see my brother looking curiously at me. I only replied "Andrew mind-linked me through the bond he created with me". He just nodded and we stayed and enjoyed the sunset near the river all evening.