CHAPTER EIGHT: Warning

Andrew POV:

It has been three days, I have been in dungeon with Kiara. They gave us food only for one time a day. I can't even use my magic, since we are guarded by the guards all the time. If they found out about my magic, then I'll be in deep shit.

I was also not informed about the upcoming gala yet. Doubt clouded my mind with worst case scenarios, whether David will take his bait or not.

It's the morning of the gala, and I got a good breakfast to devour. At first, I got confused with the treatment but it soon vanished into a victorious smile as David entered the dungeon.

He ordered his guards "Open the door". They obeyed immediately and opened the cell where I was placed. He stood infront of me with his hands at his back.

"Get ready and make yourself presentable for a gala" He demanded. I kept my face scrunched up in confusion to act my part.

"What Gala, Alpha? Why I need to be there?" I asked.

"Crescent moon pack as organized an event for both Alpha and their heirs. So, you need to be their and represent our pack. You know the routine, how you will act in an event like that. Do I need to make you remember once again?". He teased.

Yeah, I remembered it well. For each sentence, he left a mark in my body with a knife to remember.

"Yes, Alpha." I just agreed with him to avoid any more consequences.

He only commanded in return "Leave". I may be a soon-to-be alpha, but the command effects me as much as for the others.

My legs moved on its own to my room. A well tailored black suit with silver lining and a matching cufflinks with a watch was placed on my bed. I rolled my eyes at the perfection in my father's life. Anyway, I wore the dress to please my father.

A question popped in my head, the gala starts at 6pm but why am I getting ready at 11am. Something is wrong, but what is it?

A knock at my door broke me out of my thoughts. My dad stepped in and I questioned "At what time the event starts, alpha?".

He replied "It's in the evening, but we have to make some pit stops on our way".

I don't bother in retorting him with questions, so I just nodded my head. Then we both made our way to the car. I hoped he will bring Avery with us. I asked "Whether Avery is coming with us?". But he replied with no emotion  "she is not my first born and not an alpha male. You are the one, who is going to lead this pack one day and follow my path in ruling".

Never in your dreams I'll be like you. I have his blood in me but I'm not him. I sighed and looked out through the window. The trees faded away and it was replaced by dry deserted area. We pulled up outside a warehouse with guards guarding the location.

"Come with me" He ordered and I made my way trailing behind him. We reached a certain black door, when the door is opened I was hit with a familiar scent, Avery. There she is, kneeling with a goon holding a knife to her throat. When did they had time to take her from the pack dungeon to this place. When I turned to look around, my soon-to-be beta Rayhan along with his pregnant mate Rosi was captured and kept in a cage made of silver. My heart was in my throat, when they saw me with a pained look.

My father started "You see my son, I know you are smart than what you reveal. If I get a glimpse that you are betraying me, that baby in your beta female womb will not step into this world".

I heard a gasp from Rosi and a murderous growl from Rayhan. Rosi placed her hand protectively around her belly. Her sob makes my heart shatter. I know they were struggling to get pregnant for 3 years, this was their blessing. I remembered the chirpy Rayhan who bounced happily into my office to say that he is going to be a father. I don't want to rip his happiness from him.

I turned towards my father "Why would I betray you father?".

He smirked "let's give it a test, shall we?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. He is planning something that I won't like it a bit.

He continued "Council members asked me to perform a task in this Gala but I won't be the one to do that. You'll prove your loyalty by doing the task for me."

Like I said, the council is up to something. A strange feeling settled in me, and a dull ache formed in my chest. Intuition is one of my strong powers. Then this has to be something that belongs to me.

I was about to say something when his next words sent a knife to my heart "You need to kill Alpha Mike's brother Leo in this very event". Did he know he is my mate? No, he don't.

My wolf snarled in my mind-link.

'How can he say something like that? He is our mate' Matt growled angrily.

I can't answer him. Avery sensed my sudden mood change and she asked 'what happened Drew? Do you know that Leo?' through the link.

I made a brief eye-contact with her and looked away at that gnawing pain in my heart. 'Yes, He...he is my mate.'

Her eyes widened at my revelation 'when did you find out?'.

I sighed 'At the Crescent moon pack'. Her eyes recognised what I meant and she held sadness in her eyes.

What am I supposed to do? I want my pack, my sister, my beta and his mate and an unborn child safe. But can I kill my own mate. Then what will be the difference between David and me.

But can I sacrifice 4 person in exchange of my mate. No, I couldn't. I made eye contact with David and squared my shoulders. I made my decision. There I said it.

"I would do it" I said to him and made my way back to the car.

Avery practically yelled at me through the link 'Say that, you have a plan'.

'I don't know, Avery. 4 vs 1, it's not worth it. Let's see what the future holds'. I answered her.

There was no one in the car so I made a protective spell for the baby in Rosi's womb.

"protéger" (protect) and I thought of Rosi's pregnant belly. When I made sure it had secured the baby, I mind-linked her 'Your baby is safe. No harm will be done to it in my watch'.

She cried through the link 'Thank you, Alpha'. One of the trusted family to know about my magic is Rayhan's family. He will risk his child's life to get this secret to his grave. That's why it's my duty to payback.

I made contact with Avery once more 'Rosi's child is safe in my protection spell. Take care of yourself and the beta family. I will take care of everything'. She didn't reply, I know she may be mad at me that I agreed to David's plan without any anti-plan to it.

Just then the car door opened and my father climbs into the car. It's time for the gala.

"Driver, take us to the Crescent moon pack". David ordered the driver.

We arrived after 3 hrs, and came to a stop at the entrance of the venue. We climbed off the car and made our way to the entrance.

I exhaled a breath and moved forward into a huge hall.

Let this show begin......

___________________________________

Thank you for reading

😘

Wait for more updates

***