<?>

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 -

The bat symbol lit the sky once again and I walk over to my bike and pull my mask down and make sure it covered my face securely, I climbed onto my off-white bike and started the engine and looked behind me to then start driving.

I didn't have the same tech as Batman did but I did have similar morale to him as I didn't use any guns or explosives that were made with the intent to kill mostly making me a pacifist, I never plan on killing anyone as it never resolves the problem and I think it only worsens it.

The rain was growing heavy making it hit my mask and it made me look on my armour to see that the water repelled against it making me smile, I arrived at the spot where the bat signal came from and climbed up the side of the building until I reached the top to see Gordon due to the fact I was flexible and knew how to climb fast.

Batman and Gordon turned to see me and seemed confused as the rain had made my suit go from a pale grey to a darker grey that allowed me to blend into the shadows, I look at the large light that made a loud humming noise and then returned my eyes to the two who stood in confusion.

I was silent due to the fact I didn't have re-verb on my mask yet so my voice would be easily recognizable if I spoke so I took Gordon's notepad and wrote on it, whilst I wrote the Batman watched me with his cold stare as Gordon looked at him confused. 

"You need to be at Mayor Mitchell's, I'm coming with," Gordon read my note aloud.

Batman studied my handwriting for a moment but I intentionally had made it inconsistent and instead copied mostly Bruce's handwriting style, I knew Bruce Wayne outside of this crime fighting life but it was rare to see him but everyone was having that problem recently.

Gordon sighs and allows me to visit the Mayor's crime scene with Batman and I took my motorbike which was parked behind Batman's, we drove to the crime scene and police stared at Batman and I as we walked behind Gordon and Bat seemed to soak all the attention whilst trying to remain mysterious and threatening.

My mask covered all of my face besides my eyes so I instead waved to the police officers which caught attention and confused him, Gordon soon was suddenly stopped by one of his higher ups and asked why he brought the Bat and was confused when he saw me.

"Who's the other one?" Pete savage asked.

I noticed he was talking about me and recognized his voice almost instantly and felt all the eyes fall on me when he asked, Gordon whispers to him then we were let through and I see the Mayor leaned against the chair with tape covering his face with sections of his hair poking out.

"𝐍𝐨 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬." was written in blood on the tape.

I notice the bag on his hand and take it off to see this thumb was missing meaning that it was written in his blood, I notice how batman had found the weapon that looked like something you would use to lift up a carpet or some kind of tool to use for removing carpets.

I look over at the window and notice how it's open and walk over to it and look out of it to see no signs of anything, this killer was good at covering their tracks but left a blood stain from where Bat had found the weapon that was used.

Mitchell most likely was knocked unconscious by brute force of the carpentry tool as he had to be alive for everything else that happened otherwise there would be more signs of distress, the room is too tidy and clean and it wasn't the killer who cleaned after the fact as as glass of whiskey was still sat half-full.

"This was left for you," Gordon says to Batman.

This peaked my interest and I walked over which made Gordon very wary of me and have his guard up but that was understandable as he barely knew me, the letter had cursive handwriting that was close to being illegible that read 'to the batman' and he opened it for it to be a store-bought card but he quickly opened the card.