<?>

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐 -

I woke up in Bruce's arms and felt my face burn up when I realised, he held me so close to him and I didn't want to move or leave as I didn't want to wake him and it made me feel safe.

Bruce soon woke up and sat up and looked at me with a smile on my face, he saw how red I was despite the fact I was the one who asked him to stay causing him to laugh at me.

We were both in the clothes that we wore last night so we were both fully clothed so when Alfred walked in he just smiled, I picked up a pillow and threw it at Bruce which he laughed at and ducked then threw a pillow at me as Alfred stood there unimpressed but happy to see Bruce smile.

Alfred left us to our antics as I jumped at Bruce and hugged him when I ran out out pillows, I overshot my jump though causing me to jump off the bed and drag Bruce with me which caused a loud thud but for both of us to burst with laughter.

"The mayor is doing a speech today if you want to show up and surprise everyone," I smiled.

Bruce shrugged and agreed so he walked to his room as I showered and changed into one of my favourite dresses and then styled my hair, I skipped make-up as I personally hated it which is why I didn't smother my eyes in eyeshadow unlike Batman.

I walked downstairs once I was ready and Bruce soon walked down wearing only black which didn't surprise me as I wore pale colours, it meant that we would stand out more and we waited for the driver to pick us up to show up uninvited and barely on time.

The mayor wanted Bruce to get involved in helping her re-build Gotham anyways so you could we were there for support, the driver arrived and we got into the car with smiles on our faces.

Bruce and I talked whilst we were in the car and laughed a few times, the driver opened the door and Bruce stepped out and offered his hand like usual and I took it and he kissed my hand.

I smile and roll my eyes at him and kiss him on the lips, I forgot that the media was there for a second as Bruce just smiled and held my hand as we walked up towards the meeting hall where the speech was going to be until we were stopped by the media on the stairs meaning they got a permit to be here and they had badges on.

I realised they were live streaming and they gave Bruce and I a microphone as the news reporter stood next to me, Bruce and I were still holding hands and smiling like little kids.

"I'm assuming you two are official considering the photo of you two leaked and your behaviour before walking up here?" The reported smiled.

Bruce nodded his head and laughed.

"Yeah, we've been together for awhile," He shrugged.

The reporter asked us a few more questions like how we met and we told them our mothers knew each other and they got us to go on playdates, which the reporter called cute as it meant we were childhood friends making me giggle.

"So how did you mother react to the death of Martha?" The reporter asked.

It caught me off guard and I felt my heart drop when he asked, Bruce also had his smile wiped clean off his face when he asked the question and looked at him to make sure he heard the question correctly.

"My mother committed a suicide a week after the murder of Martha Wayne," I choked out with a fake smile.

The reporter apologized then took the microphones away and we walked away holding hands but I knew Bruce was going to hold that grudge now, we walked in and sat down together and the place was filled once everyone had arrived.

We listened to the speech the Mayor had and we all stood up and applauded her when she finished, I notice a few police officers with eyes on me which concerned me as Riddler was back in Arkham for what I knew and Bruce seemed to notice too.