<?>

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖 -

Bruce and I cried then Bruce went to visit Alfred in the hospital as I returned back to the orphanage, I couldn't bare the thought of seeing what happened to Alfred and would rather deal with the torture I faced growing up.

I walked into the building with tears flowing down my face like a steady river, I felt like much an idiot and walked into the room where we watched the videos about the Wayne's and slowly stepped over to the projector.

"the sins of the father."

It caused me so much anger to read that when I knew Bruce had done nothing like his father, he was trying to undo all the wrongs he did without knowing his father caused them but Riddler didn't see that as Bruce only did that through Batman.

I pressed play on the projector and sat on the floor as I let all of Ed's words drill into my head, his confidence saying all these things made him sound so proud of himself.

I knew he hated Bruce because he lived a better life than us as an orphan but he needs to realise nothing could be done about it now, I heard footsteps walking up to the door for the doors to creak open and the footsteps to pause.

"Lies, deceit and MURDER." The Riddler's voice played again.

It didn't continue but I hear footsteps approach me and the sound of cheap plastic rustle as a shadow suddenly grows towards me, my head was buried into my knees so I didn't get to see his face but I already knew who it was.

I hated him for all of this, I that his intentions were good but all this was hurting people. But that didn't matter to Ed as it was already people at the top, the rich people of Gotham were being dragged down so that he could try and remove the corruption.

My tears stung my face, I hated myself for crying as Ed just sat there watching me.

"Don't cry, why don't we solve riddles like we used to?" Ed offered.

I lift my head up and looked at him with my now tear stained face, somehow he didn't understand that he caused the tears that were pouring down my face.

Riddler had took his mask off to look at me face to face but I didn't want to see Ed, I wasn't to believe Ed wasn't the Riddler and this was all a nightmare like this place was.

Riddler reached into a pocket and pulled a photo out, I looked at him confused until he placed the photo on the floor for it to be and Bruce on the bridge kissing whilst the sun was setting and when I looked at him I could see the jealously on his face.

"We used to have memories like this too Y/N, sneaking out of the orphanage and driving around as the sun set whilst laughing and joking. So, what is different?"

I couldn't speak but rather looked at him in shock whilst he had jealously coating his eyes, his jealousy had blinded him from a dislike for Bruce to pure hatred for Bruce just because I was in love with him.

Riddler placed photos of us as teens acting in a similar way, me driving a motorbike with him behind me and getting ice cream and making fun memories whilst I lived in a hell hole that no one wanted to hear or see.

"Don't like we didn't do shit like this together when we were younger," Riddler sighed.

Riddler goes to place a hand on me but I slap his hand away and I saw the heart break in his eyes, he realised he had hurt me through the actions of Riddler.

He stood up and took a deep breath and a sigh, he looked at me with sadness in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Y/N," He said then walked away.