<?>

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗 -

Bat grabbed Falcone and we walked him out of the club whilst he kept saying to Gordon about how he couldn't get him behind bars as he 'owned you boys in blue', his arrogance and pure confidence that he thought it was only the three of us against him made me smile and I saw Bat rolled his eyes.

We got outside to see almost all of the police department stood outside with a few paramedics so I told Selena to go to them, she nodded and thanked me then ran off but I soon felt the feeling of eyes on me return.

I stood still in shock as Bat and Gordon walked him to the police car thinking they finally won as I saw Riddler load his sniper, I felt my heart drop and time go slow as Bat turned to look at me in confusion to see Riddler too as he aimed for Falcone.

I started climbing up to the window and felt my adrenaline rush through me as I was desperate to have Falcone get what he deserved, Riddler shot Falcone just before Batman could react in time to save him from the shot.

The police panicked and they saw me climbing the building at an insane speed towards the open window in the apartments, I got to the window and threw myself through it causing me to hit his desk but I soon sprung up to see Riddler stood there with his gun.

"𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐞" Riddler grinned before he started running.

He started running to the open window that led to the fire escape so I chased after him, he jumped out of the window and I jumped after him and he raced down the steps as I swing down them.

We both met at the bottom of the stairs and I tried to grab him for him to start running with a grin on his face, he knew he had time left until the police would actually look for him due to the fact he just gave up his location.

He knew that they knew who he was now too.

I grab Riddler by the arm and yanked him into an alleyway and slammed him against the brick wall, I had so much anger and adrenaline pulsing through my veins that I didn't even notice that it caused the wall to crack.

"Batman surely has changed you a lot Ghost, you used to be so gentle," He laughed.

Riddler wasn't even wearing his mask so I got to see his proud, arrogant smile despite the fact he just killed a man, he seemed so proud of himself and as if he just saved the world from ending.

I punched Riddler in the face out of pure rage even though I knew I really didn't want to, Riddler had played with my head and since he confronted me in the orphanage I've been on edge and finding it hard to not be paranoid. 

Riddler turns his head to look at me with a smile on his face, we both knew that no one knew where we were and I intentionally went down this alleyway so that we were hidden in the shadows.

Riddler grabbed at my mask and tried pulling it off and I panicked, I go to push him off me which caused him to hit his head first on the brick causing me to quickly check if he was okay.

I didn't want him to see my face but I also didn't want to harm him, I knew that my friendship with him from the past was clouding my judgement on how to treat him but that was normal in these cases.

"Ed, I know you want to help the kids from the orphanage and you know they need help but is this really the way to do it?" I ask.

My robotic voice from the re-verb made it feel less emotional and less caring but his reaction to my statement told me it still hit a string in his heart, he seemed surprised that I found his motivation for all of this but we both got our motivation because of that place.