<?>

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒 -

I woke up in the morning and didn't feel the sun beam onto my skin and heat it like it did last time, I looked out the window to see the sky full of clouds that made it look as if it could rain at any point which I knew was a sign that today wasn't going to be a good one.

I stood up and picked out a black dress that Alfred had bought and put on some opaque black tights on with it, I wore a coat that I knew Bruce was going to wear which dropped to just below my knees as I put on high heels.

I walked downstairs to see Bruce waiting for me with the driver outside, Alfred wasn't coming as he said he would stay home and look after the house for whilst we were gone and I nodded my head and thanked him.

My phone suddenly pinged whilst we were waiting for the driver which peaked Bruce's interest, I turned on my phone to see it was a message from an unknown number but I only had Bruce and Alfred's number saved so it didn't surprise me.

"Hey Y/N, its Edward Nashton from the orphanage. I was wondering if you think we could catch up on a coffee at some time today?" 

Bruce looked over my shoulder and read the message and I noticed he was but didn't ask him about it, Bruce and I trusted each other enough to know that we're Ghost and Batman so this was hardly anything important.

"I'll take my motorbike there, I was best friends with Ed," I shrug.

Bruce doesn't seem as trusting in this but lets me responds to the message with a 'I'll let you know when I'm able to", the driver arrived not long after I responded to the message and we both got into the car.

Bruce doesn't really talk much and I knew that he wouldn't talk much for the car ride so I looked out of the windows and smiled as we drove along, when we were close to arriving I noticed the fact that there was a huge crowd but when we got closer it was mostly people dressed as the Riddler.

I knew my attack from Riddler wasn't yesterday or anything but it did make my anxiety levels rise from it, Bruce seemed to notice and looked out of the window as they stared back at us making him hold my hand in a re-assuring way.

The driver soon parked and opened the door which soon caught everyone's attention as Bruce stepped out of the car, I only know noticed he had his dad's cufflinks on too when he stretched his hand out for me to take so I smiled and took his hand.

All eyes were now on us and your could hear all the news reporters going crazy for us, the news hasn't been able to report on either of us for a long time due to the fact we hid in our homes and didn't show up to any events but now they could grab money off us as everyone will want to talk about us.

It was sad to see that the news reporters were desperate to interview us and make things about us when we were at Mitchell's funeral, I understand he was a corrupt man but that gave no reason to then show up to a funeral and disrespect people like this.

Bruce hadn't let go of my hand and we started walking to the entrance of the building when someone grabs my arm then shoves a microphone in front of my face causing people to swarm towards me, cameras and flashes from cameras soon the only thing I saw.

"Are you dating Bruce Wayne?"

"Are you the Riddler's next target?"

"Do you think Riddler had anything to do with either of your parents death?"

"Are you and Wayne a couple?"

Those were the only questions I could hear over the screaming before Bruce pushed them off me and I took Bruce's arm as I struggled to walk up the stairs in heels as I wasn't used to wearing them, making Bruce and I smile at how I kept struggling.