<?>

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏 -

Bruce helped me calm down and then started working a new suit for me, it was an off-white and built to show my slimmer figure whilst providing me the protection that Bat's suit had if not better.

We got to my mask and made it so it covered my whole face again but still allowed my eyes to be shown as I didn't want it to get too complicated and didn't want too much change, we worked on the suit until early hours of the morning and I looked at the time to see it was 7AM.

I hadn't slept since the flood which had to be 3 days ago and Bruce noticed how tired I was and offered to take me home but I shook my head, he knew something triggered for all this to happen and it was to do with the Riddler for certain.

"We're going to Arkham, together," I say.

Bruce looked up at me confused and shakes his head no in strong disagreement, I knew that it wasn't ideal to talk to Riddler when I was like this but I needed to know who he befriended as there was only one other person who I knew that left that orphanage alive.

And that man was insane and violent, he was often called Joker and I never got his real name.

"I think I know Ed's new friend and it won't be pretty," I sigh.

Bruce seemed hesitant and knew I wouldn't back down from this so he reluctantly agreed and drove us there and we weren't swarmed by news so we left our helmets on his bike and walked into the building, the guards seemed concerned because of my appearance but didn't stop us from visiting Ed.

We went through the normal process of giving anything that wasn't needed to them which for me was nothing as I didn't being anything but Bruce put his phone in and we were let through, the door opened and I see Ed's eyes light up when he sees me but was soon disappointed when he saw Bruce.

We walked into the room and the doors closed behind us making me feel trapped but I pushed it to the back of my mind knowing that I had bigger problems, I knew that if Joker was his 'new' friend then it would cause so much more trouble then I could prepare for.

"I got your letter, who is it?" I ask.

I was so tired and I had heavy bags under my eyes as my skin had gone down a shade or two and my hair was the only thing that was presentable besides my clothes, Ed looks me up and down and Bruce gives him a sour look as he did which only made him smile.

"Seems like you have bigger problems, Y/N. Did you hear my lovely singing I left after bugging your phone?" Ed grinned.

He meant my mask but he was covering for me as he knew the camera was there and listening to us but that still didn't stop him from admitting he was messing with me, I knew he was intentionally stalling but I didn't know why he was stalling.

"Answer the question, Edward." I spat back.

His confidence dropped when I called him by his full name as that's when he knew he pushed the line,  he knew that I was no longer going to be sweet and kind and this was when he knew he couldn't push me around anymore.

I had only been like this once in my life and it ended with me in a fight in the orphanage because someone threatened him, his expression change made Bruce look confused but knew that he knew that Ed was not going to mess around now.

"Fine, It's Joker," Ed shrugs.

I should have known.

I take a deep breath and take my hands off the table and stand straight, Ed knew that I couldn't hurt him but he knew that I was so unstable that I would go around throwing hands like what happened when it last occurred.