Chapter 1

JENNIE

"Ruby!!!" I heard someone screaming my second name. This can only be one certain person.

I smiled and got up quickly. I went downstairs just to see her with a bright smile on her face with a basic outfit. She opened her arms. God, this girl can't live without me hugging her every time.

As I hugged her, she said. "I missed you so much."

I missed her too.

"Of course, you would miss me. I'm someone you can't live without with." I said jokingly and she just slapped my arm.

"So annoying," She whined in a cute way. "You could have just said that you miss me too." She pouted while glaring.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." I said.

She looked at me in disbelief. "You are seriously so annoying. Is this how you greet and welcome your best friend after 2 years??!"

"Don't be dramatic, Lali. You called me every fucking day and we talked for hours on the phone."

"Heyy, watch your mouth. No cussing. Remember that." She said in a sassy way, walking pass by me.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm hungry, you little Ruby. It seems like you got shorter when I left." She chuckled. It's music to my ears.

"Seriously not funny. I didn't grow but you did. I'm glad."

"Gosh," She gave me her puppy eyes "You are no fun. Why are you always so calm about everything. Do you ever get mad? Or should I say do you have any other emotion than being only calm?"

Here she goes again. If you only tried to like me as the way I am, even in a sisterly way.

I didn't answer to that. "It's 6 a.m. Lets's eat outside instead. Obviously you can't cook and I'm not in the greatest mood to cook so early in the morning." She stared at me blankly.

"Jennie, I'm sorry if I did something wrong. Aren't you even a bit happy to see me again?"

I'm not. I wish you would leave again like you always did.

"Okay, great. Don't answer. Stay silent. I'm going. You can go with whom you want to have breakfast." She took her suitcase from the corner and was about to leave but she stopped. She looked at me. I know that look. Disappointment.

"Are you not gonna stop me? You're really waiting for me to leave? Okay. I get it, Jennie. I won't bother you till you approach or talk to me." She gave a small, sad smile and walked out.

I just stared at her leaving my condo.

I could sense the tears in my eyes and I broke down again.