Chapter 5

JENNIE

Rosie and I were back from the dinner at my parents' house. Currently we were sitting in my living room and she wouldn't stop talking.

"JEN, NO, YOU SAW IT TOO! SHE FREAKING HELD MY HAND!!" She squealed while covering her face into a pillow. That's what she has been doing since we came.

"Ro, calm down."

"You saw it, didn't you?" She asked happily. I just nodded at this girl.

This Jisoo does this on purpose. She is torturing my poor Rosie without her realising it.

"So when will you leave?" I changed the topic. I'm sure she'll ask about my 'crush' if she stays.

She gave me her puppy eyes. "Can't I stay?"

"No."

"But whyyy?" She whined.

"Okay, I'll leave but not before we talk about that crush of yours."

"Gosh, fine."

"Don't pout, Unnie."

"I wasn't doing it in the first place."

"Yeah, yeah sure. I believe you."

"So describe the girl." She added.

"You really wanna listen to all of these?"

"Of course, Jennie Kim. You've been listening to me for years. I owe you." She pouted.

"You don't owe me anything. Such a stupid girl you are."

"The second sentence was so unnecessary." She said. "But okay, I get it. I'm soooo stupid. And you keep trying to change the topic. Now tell me about her." She shook my arm.

"She is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my whole freaking lif-"

She cut me off. "What about me?"

"You're the second prettiest."

"So mean, Unnie. You could've just said that I'm the prettiest." She said sassily while flipping her hair.

"Whatever, Park Chaeyoung. She is the prettiest in my opinion."

"Aww Unnie, so so cute. Do you love her that much? I bet she makes you blind by her beauty since you keep praising her."

"She actually does. I love her so much, Chaeng. Can you believe it? I love her since elementary school-" And she laughed out loud.

"So you were gay since you were a small, little Ruby Jane?" She laughed harder.

I sighed. "Stop laughing."

"I- HAHAHHAHA- sorry, Unnie. It was just funny."

"Okay, keep talking, my dear Jennie Unnie. I'm listening."

"Woah, you're seriously so annoying. I'm leaving." As I was to get up, she immediately pulled me down again.

"Unnie~~TALK!"

"I don't know. She is jus amazing. You get me? She is perfect. A real doll. She is kind and outgoing. And very very much of my type. Cute girl, you know."

"You never tried to confess to her-"

"She is straight." I cut her off.

"Ohh... but you still should've tried."

"You think I can confess to my best friend? She defines us as 'best friends forever'. She says it every damn time."

Silence and Rosé suddenly gasped.

"OH MY FREAKING GOD!! YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH THAT GIRL! NEW TRANSFER STUDENT! LALISA! YOUR BEST FRIEND!!" She jumped nonstop on her place while shaking my shoulders. I slapped her hands away.

"Calm down, Rosé. Took you long enough to realise though."

She laid down on the couch while touching her forehead and started murmuring some things to herself.

Park Chaeyoung is officially proceeding the information she got a while back. It won't take for her too long to scream in excitement again.

And yep, I wasn't wrong. She screamed and talked about how much good we would look together. A cute couple. Why I didn't confess? It's a shame. I should gain some confidence. That's what she is been saying all the time. I laughed inside.

"PARK CHAEYOUNG!! COOL DOWN A BIT!"

"I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT, UNNIE. SINCE YOU MOVED TO OUR SCHOOL YOU'VE BEEN SUCH A LOVESICK GIRL 'CAUSE YOUR MYSTERIOUS GIRL HAD LEFT. AND NOW IT TURNS OUT TO BE LALISA MANOBAN!"

After a while she eventually got tired and sat down again.

"Unnie, do you love her really that much?"

"She is straight. It's impossible for me to get together with her." I blurted out.

"You wanna make me cry?? You're fucking sister is straight too!"

"Don't be dramatic, Ro. Your situation is different. Jisoo is bisexual."

"Yeah, bisexual with men preference." She said disappointed.

"She'll notice you someday. Don't lose hope."

"I can't believe that someone who already lost hope in love is saying this to me." I just shrugged at her.

Later then Rosie wanted to go home even if I told her to stay the night. No wonder why she needed to go. Dumb girl. She still had assignments to do.

"You should've brought your school stuff and stay at my place today."

"It's fine, Unnie. I should rather go home. I didn't inform mom, so she might be worried." I nodded at her as I opened the door.

She stepped out and in the hallway we saw Lisa. Weird. What is she doing here?

"Lisa?!" Fuck you, Chaeyoung. She shouldn't have shouted Lisa's name.

Lisa turned around as she stood there awkwardly while waving at us.

"Girl, she is jealous." Rosé smirked at me.

"Watch your mouth while talking to your Unnie, Chaeng. I ain't your girl." She just rolled her eyes and I grinned.

She gestured Lisa to come to us.

"Lisa-yah, what are you doing here?"

She gulped. "I.. I might have lost my notebook at Jennie's place when I first visited her after a long time."

Rosé got closer to me just to pinch my back.

"What the heck, Park Chaeyoung!"

Lisa cleared her throat. She hates it when people cuss. I don't really care about it anymore.

Rosie kissed my cheek. "Goodbye, Unnie and dear Lisa. I'll get going now. You two should go inside and search for Lisa's notebook." She dragged Lisa to the front door and pushed her slightly inside. Gosh, this Park Chaeyoung will be the death of me.

As she walked pass by me, she gave a wink and a flying kiss while smirking.

I'll definitely kill this stupid bitch later.