Men or Boys?

Zachary 'Booby' Shahidi

"Essex, what's good with you? Sit the fuck down

"Essex, what's good with you? Sit the fuck down." I yelled at him. I was trying to fix this toy he broke and he was climbing on top of me.

"You know what's wrong with him. He want his mom." Charmaine said.

"Well he can't see her." I said getting annoyed as she started laughing. "Must be nice to stop being a mom." She said causing me to look up at her.

"My nigga, don't you have some shit to do today?" I asked looking at her.

"Oh now you mad? Mad at the wrong person. I didn't leave you with a damn kid. But you right I'm gone." She said grabbing her bag causing me to shake my head.

"Bitch, nobody left me with no damn kid. This my kid! As much as it's her responsibility it's mine too. If I have to become a full time father while the mother of my child is taken time to herself imma do that. You don't know shit going on." I said out loud.

"I don't know cause you don't tell me shit! All I know is she dumped this damn kid on us and that's all you worried about! What about me!" She yelled causing me to laugh. This bitch was crazy.

"What's going on with Gia ain't got shit to do with you! That ain't ya business! You knew I had a fucking kid! Ain't my fault you ain't use to no real nigga. I'm gon take care of mines before I do anything else. So yes my child and baby mama come before you. Now get the fuck out and I'll hit ya line when I feel like it." I yelled at her as she wiped her tears but I really ain't give a fuck.

It had been a whole month since I had Essex. And this shit was not easy. I give it to the single moms who do this shit every single day. Yea I have mom family to help me and Dior but this shit is a lot.

"Somebody mad." I heard causing me to look up at Dior.

"Yea, mad about dumb shit." I spat shaking my head as Dior came and picked Essex up.

"Auntie!" Essex shouted while Dior sat down with him on her lap.

"You look tired." Dior said as I nodded my head. "Shit i am." I said as she played in Essex's hair.

"Go take a nap, i got him." She said as I just shook my head.

"I'm good, you spoke to Gia?" I asked as she nodded her head.

"Her and the baby good." She said as I nodded my head. It's crazy how we about to bring another child into the world and we not even on speaking terms.

She was struggling with bad depression. She was sad, crying all the time. It got so bad I had to keep Essex. And to make matters worst she going on 6 months pregnant.

Of course her mom offered to keep him but that ain't sit right with me. I was the father and I'm capable of taken care of him. It wasn't they responsibility it was me and Gia's.