Chapter 2

Isabelle was sleeping peacefully until someone started shaking her up. "Wake up, we have potions class." Pansy whisper shouted.

Isabelle let out a groan and sat up. "What time is it?"

"It's seven and we have to eat breakfast before eight." Pansy informed and went to finish doing her natural makeup she does almost everyday.

That was one of the best sleeps Isabelle has ever had, she thought maybe the school put a hex on the beds that made them more comfortable. She walked over to the small closet they had and put on her uniform. Isabelle usually studied in whatever clothing she desired so this was a bit weird for her. Her unruly, black hair was left loose on her back. She didn't really do makeup but she did put on some concealer on her pimples and some mascara.

They walked to the common room and Draco was waiting for them, two boys were standing behind him like they were some type of guards. "Are these your bodyguards?" Isabelle rolled her eyes and walked to the entrance.

Pansy laughed at Draco's flustered expression and followed Isabelle. He scoffed and went behind them. No matter how much he tried to make them get away, Crabbe and Goyle were always behind him like lost puppies.

When he got to the great hall Pansy and Isabelle were already eating. He could see them laughing, this made him smile. Behind him was Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley trying to get to Harry Potter.

"Can you move, Malfoy?" Ron snickered and waited for an answer. Draco turned around and gave them a mean look. Isabelle noticed what was happening and quickly walked over to them and stood behind Draco, like she was there to protect him.

"Don't talk to him like that." She threatened and got closer to Ron.

"Whatever." He muttered and stormed past them. Hermione walked with him and scowled him. They could see her hitting his arm.

"You don't need to protect me." Draco scoffed and sat down. She rolled her eyes and looked at him with confusion. "I can do it myself."

"Oh I'm sorry." She said sarcastically. "Because it looked like you had it there."

"I knew you were going to be annoying the moment you got sorted into slytherin." Draco's words hurt, Isabelle never thought Draco could be so mean to her. He had outbursts like sometimes, mostly recently, but she never let them get to her head, until now. "I knew you were going to try to treat me like a baby. You always do this."

Isabelle was now red and tears were threatening to spill from her eyes. "I'm going to the library. I'll meet you at potions class." She informed Pansy and walked out of the great hall. What the hell was his problem?

She stormed through the halls of the big castle, trying not to cry. She couldn't cry, people would think she was weak and she couldn't afford that right now. She could cry when she took a bath, not in front of people.

Isabelle sat in a comfortable chair in the library, in front of her a platinum blonde girl with funky earrings was sitting. The girl looked up at her and smiled. Isabelle gave her a weird look back. "Hello..." The girl greeted. "Are you okay?"

"Erm- yes." Isabelle muttered, trying to not make that much conversation.

"I'm Luna Lovegood." Luna Lovegood stated. "Oh, you want to be alone. I can read it in your eyes."

Isabelle looked at the girl. She had seen her before but she didn't know where. "No, it's fine. You can stay there." She looked at her watch that her uncle gave her that one christmas. She had 30 minutes until she had to go to potions class.

Luna looked at her with a dreamy gaze. "You're Isabelle right?" Luna recognized her quickly because she had seen her before.

"Yeah..." Isabelle said with some attitude. "Why do you want to know?" She was always used to being mean, even if the person didn't deserve it. It was easier to close herself off than to open up.