Chapter 25

Isabelle walked towards the Gryffindor common room, smiling with the thought of seeing her new friend. She woke up happy this morning, reviewing yesterday's events. She knew that this friendship was unlikely, but she couldn't deny its genuineness.

She didn't really know what she wanted to do in the common room, but Ronald's adorable face usually cures her boredom. She didn't even know if Ron was in his common room, but he wasn't anywhere else so the chances are he was.

She was let in by another student who let her pass before the door closed. She vaguely recognized them. "Thank you." She muttered before entering.

Just as she expected, Ron was sitting in the common room, studying a box of chocolates. His head snapped up when he heard her footsteps. "It baffles me how easily you get in here."

She shrugged and smiled. "I have my ways."

"You have to tell me so I can visit you in your common room instead." Ron smirked. Isabelle's inside mixing together at the sight. His expression changed into something curious. "Have you seen these chocolates before?"

He held up a box of suspicious looking chocolates in a heart-shaped box. Isabelle analyzed the box, but she had never seen them before. Then again, she didn't eat much chocolate. "I've never seen them. Maybe it's a new brand." She offered her opinion.

"Yeah." Ron uttered between his teeth. "I found them on Harry's bed and wanted to eat them. I'll probably wait until he's here to ask him if I can."

Isabelle nodded along to what he was saying. "I wanted to ask you if you were going to the Ravenclaw party next week?" She changed the subject unintentionally. "Luna invited me and I didn't really want to go alone."

Ron was surprised by her forwardness, yet decided to use this to his advantage. "I wasn't planning on going, unless you want me to go with you."

"I mean, that was the question." She said bluntly.

"Oh, then yes, I'll go." Ron spoke, flustered.

"Well then, I have to go." Isabelle straightened. "Tell me if the chocolates were good or not." She waved and left through the door, a little red on the cheeks.

She pranced down the hallway, bumping into a tall person. When she looked up, she noticed it was a smiling Blaise. "Hey, Isabelle. I haven't seen you in a while. How are you?"

She smiled back. "I'm good, Blaise. How about you?"

He nodded while he spoke. "I'm okay. A bit disoriented from the break, but ultimately fine."

"Why's that?" Isabelle furrowed her eyebrows, worried about her friend.

"It's getting bad out there." His voice cracked. "More wizards are disappearing and getting killed. It's taken a toll on my mum."

"That's horrible." She put her hand on his arm, a gentle motion to let him know she understood him. "I haven't really been keeping up with the news, but that is terrifying. Let's just hope that it gets better soon."

Blaise shook his head. "That's not likely. From what I hear the deatheaters are trying to make a bigger comeback than the first wizarding war. I'm praying that it doesn't ruin our school year."

Isabelle tries to stay away from deatheater news because of her close relation to it. Everytime she sees the evil acts they commit she wants to go to her cousin and demand why he is doing this. How could he be so inhumane against innocent wizards?

When the year started, she had her heart set on becoming a deatheater, but meeting new people made her realize that they are horrible. She couldn't bear to hurt any of the wizards here at Hogwarts; much less their main victim, Harry Potter.

"It won't ruin anything." Isabelle affirmed, yet she didn't know if it was for Blaise or herself. "I'm sure Dumbledore or the minister have it under control."

"Hope so." Blaise responded and looked at the end of the corridor. "I have to go, Belle. We should hang out one of these days."

She grinned. "Of course."

As much as she wanted to be awkward around him, it was impossible. He was her second friend this year and he didn't seem to judge her. She didn't know why she couldn't like him.

When Blaise caught up to his friend at the end of the hallway, Isabelle continued walking to her dorm. As she progressed through the school she passed Slughorn's office. She could hear voices inside. It sounded like Harry and Ron.

She desperately wanted to eavesdrop, but she could hear something about a love potion. That was none of her business, no matter how much she wanted to know what was going on. After a few seconds of contemplation, she decided to go to her dorm.

Hey guys!! I published a new story with original characters called "Hate-filled". It's an enemies to lovers at a private school. If you have the time, go to my profile and check it out. Pls leave feedback on it!!! Love u guyssss ❤️❤️❤️