Chapter 11

Isabelle's ears rang as she was woken by her alarm clock; that means there is only 30 minutes left of breakfast. She contemplated staying in bed and just eating some candy, but she was hoping to see Draco today. She rolled out of bed to find Pansy knocked out on her bed.

She knew that if she changed she would take too long, so she decided to just go in her sweatpants. If that bothered someone, then that is their problem. Her hair was in a messy bun and she slept in her makeup.

Isabelle showed up at the dining hall and people stared. They examined her clothes that obviously weren't formal enough for this school, since everyone is in full outfits. She spotted Draco sitting next to a sleepy Blaise. She went directly towards them, grabbing a toast out of Draco's plate.

"Morning, cousin." She greeted him. "I hope that we can speak today since I have something to tell you."

Draco flicked his gaze to her, meeting her eyes. "After we are done with breakfast we can go to my dorm and talk."

Isabelle nodded, feeling content. "Okay." She asserted before turning to Blaise. "Good morning, Blaise. How did you sleep last night?"

He gave her a knowing smile. "I slept well, very early, though." He replied, trying not to laugh.

Draco lifted an eyebrow, looking from Blaise to Isabelle. "What are you on about? What did you do last night?"

Belle opened her eyes wide. "Nothing." She said quickly. "I'm done with breakfast, we can go speak." She informed him while setting down half of a piece of bread, not really appetizing anything.

They said goodbye to Blaise and walked to Draco's dorm. Isabelle was skipping, excited to finally have time with her cousin. They haven't spoken in a few days, and she missed him. He didn't seem as enthusiastic as him, but she was sure he was.

They arrived at his dorm and he let her in, opening the door to show her his room. It was just like hers, but everything was black and brown. Isabelle immediately went and threw herself on his bed. It was very comfortable.

"What did you want to tell me?" Draco asked, rushing her into speaking. He was pacing around the room, like he had somewhere to be.

"Do you have somewhere to be, Draco?" She questioned, feeling like he didn't want her there. "I can leave if you'd like."

He shook his head, looking at the wall behind her. "No, it is fine. I do have something to do but it can wait." Draco said, lowering his voice to a sweeter tone. "Actually, I have to ask you something."

Isabelle furrowed her eyebrows. "Ask away."

"I heard something in the common room this morning at about 3am. When I looked to see what it was, I saw you, Blaise and Pansy sneaking in through the secret passage."  He stopped for a moment, looking at Isabelle to see her reaction. "Where were you and what were you doing? You know I promised your mother that I would protect you."

Isabelle stared blankly at him, trying to come up with a lie to cover it up. She didn't want to snitch on Pansy and Blaise. "Oh, um, we snuck in the three broomsticks. Nothing serious, just looking for somewhere calming to talk."

Draco studied her, figuring out if she was lying. "If you are not telling the truth, Isabelle, please tell me this instant. I cannot protect you if I don't know where you are."

She rolled her eyes, getting tired of this space between them. "I love you, but you need to stop treating me like I can't do stuff for myself. Plus, you haven't spoken to me in days."

"You know why." He hissed, anger creeping in his tone. "The dark lord has been testing me, and if I don't do what I am told, you get killed. You can't die, not if I can help it."

This made Isabelle wince, knowing she was so close to being killed. If it wasn't for Draco she would have probably been dead. "Okay." She said simply. "I have to go, Draco. Love you." She was shaken.

She basically ran out of his dorm, not knowing where to go. She could feel the panic going up her throat. Her throat was closing up, her eyes were watering, and she couldn't breathe. Her mind had a million thoughts at once.

She paced around the common room, trying to think of a place to have a panic attack. There were a few kids studying there, so the common room was not an option. She left, wandering aimlessly, still looking for someplace.

She was so in her mind, that Isabelle didn't notice the people that were in front of her. She slammed into them, tripping back before looking up. She had just bumped into the last people she wanted to see: Harry, Hermione and Ronald.

She stared at them, not saying sorry because if she did her voice would crack. "Watch where you're going, Les-" Ron stopped before finishing his sentence, worry taking over his gaze. "Are you okay?"

Isabelle nodded quickly and rushed from in front of them. She thought that they would forget all about it, until she heard someone running behind her. A familiar red-head stood next to her.

"I know we aren't friends, Isabelle, but you seem to be having a panic attack and I know how bad those can be." He said, while Isabelle tried to run a little faster than him; it was useless. "Hey, stop." He grabbed her arms, forcing her to stop. "You need to take a deep breath."

Isabelle didn't have the energy to fight with him, so she did what she was told. She inhaled and exhaled slowly. That slowed down her heartbeat, but her head was still a mess.

Ron placed a hand on her shoulder, looking around to see if anyone was seeing this. "You have to ground yourself." He thought about what to say to her. "Um, tell me your favorite color."

She looked at him like he was crazy, but she was desperate. "Orange." She replied.

He chuckled under his breath. "Why is that your favorite color?"

"It's the color of exploding bonbons." She explained, she was calming down a little.

"Now, what is your favorite muggle song?" He questioned, still trying to sooth her.

Isabelle thought about it and smiled. "Well, I wasn't allowed to listen to muggle music growing up, but Pansy showed me a song I really liked the other day. It's called 'It smells like teen spirit'." When she finished her sentence, she noticed that she wasn't panicking anymore. A smile rose to her face. "I'm so sorry that I bothered you, Weasley. Thank you so much. I will leave you alone now." She was blushing as she ran to the closest door she could see. That was the library.

Ron was left standing in the middle of a corridor, feeling proud of himself for helping someone else. He thought that Isabelle looked so cute when she smiled. Then, he studied this thought and got mad at himself.