Chapter 5

The library was silent, not even the librarian was there. Isabelle snuck in to read a few books, plus she liked the peace that the night offered. Late at night reading came easier to her. In the Manor she would sleep during the day and study during the night.

Flitch has come into the library a few times and Isabelle was getting annoyed with having to hide so much. She wished she could have an invisibility cloak, like the one from the Tale of the Three Brothers. A few years ago she was obsessed with the 3 deathly hallows and was convinced she could find all of them. She now knows that she was being ridiculously irrational, considering that the 3 deathly hallows may have been a hoax.

She was reading a book about muggle and wizard relations. She had to read it at night because if Draco or Pansy caught her she would be in big trouble.

Isabelle heard some ruffling close to her. "Is someone there?" She asked, seemingly terrified. She knew that she had a target on her back.

The sounds continued. Something went into the restricted section. She followed the noise that she heard towards the restricted section.

A book came off the shelf into the air and suddenly it disappeared. Isabelle went toward where the book disappeared and grabbed a cloak. An invisibility cloak. She pulled it off and to her surprise Harry Potter was under it, holding a book about Horcruxes. What did he want to do with horcruxes?

"Potter?" Isabelle gasped when she saw him. "What do you want with horcruxes?"

"Nothing." He said defensively. "It is just for research."

They stared at each other for a few seconds before Isabelle spoke up. "How did you get that invisibility cloak? Is it the one from the three deathly hallows?"

"I don't know what the deathly hallows are." He muttered. "Maybe it's something that they only teach death eaters."

"Fuck you, Potter." Isabelle flipped him off and went to sit down in the seat that had claimed her name since her first day. "I am not a death eater so I don't understand your need to call me that."

"Your mum killed my godfather." His voice cracked a little. "He was the only family I had left."

"I'm sorry but I'm not my mother." She rolled her eyes. Isabelle was tired of people comparing her to her mother. "I had nothing to do with that."

Harry stood there for a minute. "Good night, Lestrange."

He left the library and left Isabelle standing there, staring at the door. "Okay, Potter." She muttered. She grabbed the book she was reading and put it where it belonged. She walked out of the library to go to her dorm.

In the middle of the hall was Ginny Weasley and Dean Thomas snogging. "Ugh, get a room." She said as she passed next to them.

They stopped and stared at her. "Leave us alone, Lestrange. Just because you have been locked in a palace your whole life doesn't mean we can't have fun."

Isabelle laughed mockingly and continued walking to her dorm. When she entered Pansy was sleeping peacefully, drooling a bit. It was friday so tomorrow they had no class, they were planning to go to hogsmeade because they needed to buy some candy for the next week.

Isabelle hadn't talked with Draco for the whole day, she hadn't seen him actually. She knew that he had work to do but it was taking over his life and she felt useless when she couldn't help.

Ron, Harry, and Hermione look at her badly every moment they could. Which I guess she deserved because she did slap him but they started it. It's not like she really cared anyways.

Isabelle laid down and tried to go to sleep but she couldn't, she had been restless for the whole night. She decided to sit in the common room until she got tired.

The common room was completely abandoned, except for the house elf that sat in the corner of the sofa. "Dobby?" Isabelle asked, squinting her eyes to see better

"Master Isabelle." Dobby said. "It has been a long time."

"Yes it has." Isabelle sat next to him. "I heard you were working in the kitchen here."

Isabelle always liked Dobby and she used to play with him when she was little. A few years ago he got freed and she didn't see him again. She was a bit sad but nothing she couldn't handle.

"Dobby has missed master Isabelle but now he is a free elf." Dobby said, proudly. "Well, Dobby has to go clean the pans. You can come visit Dobby another day."

Isabelle waved and sat still on the couch of the common room. Without her noticing she fell asleep on the couch.

The next morning she felt someone shaking her. "Wake up, Isabelle." Pansy said as Isabelle opened her eyes. "You fell asleep on the sofa."

"Oh, sorry." Isabele stood up and walked to her room.

"Hogsmeade day!" Pansy jumped up and down and threw some clothes on her.