Chapter 4

The girls had woken up pretty early that day, there was no specific reason for it. Isabelle took her time to get ready because the class they had today was in the evening. They had study of ancient ruins.

Pansy had been pestering Isabelle all day about Blaise. "Oh come one! You guys are basically dating." Pansy teased Isabelle at breakfast.

"Come off it, will you?" Isabelle was getting annoyed. "We talked on our way back. We just talked about Slughorn and said good night."

"He is literally staring at you." Said Pansy, smiling.

Isabelle turned her head and saw Blaise looking at her. He looked away and his cheeks got darker, Isabelle's too. "Okay, well maybe there was something there." Isabelle tried not to look at Blaise. "But that doesn't mean that we are getting together."

"I know." Pansy had a mouthful of pancakes in her mouth. "But if he asked you, would you say yes?" She wanted to know.

"Maybe." Isabelle grinned. "I don't know." She didn't really want a boyfriend but Blaise was so nice to her and he was extremely handsome. Maybe she did like him, but all she knew was that Draco would get mad if they dated.

"You should figure it out because I have a feeling that he is going to ask you soon." Pansy knew something she didn't.

"Do you know something, Pansy?" Isabelle questioned her. Pansy held in her laugh.

"I don't." She said, trying to sound serious. "I swear! I don't."

"Mhm. Okay." She still wasn't buying it. She wasn't going to keep asking so Isabelle just forgot about it.

Eventually, they finished eating and decided to go to the courtyard to talk. They didn't have any homework because they had done it all last night. Before they sat down on the grass they did a spell so that it wouldn't be spikey.

"...Harry, I don't think he is a death eater. Dumbledore trusts him and I trust Dumbledore's judgement. And about Malfoy, I don't think Voldemort would recrute a 17 year old." They could hear Hermione say to Harry, who was just arguing with her.

Ron was next to them eating a muffin that Isabelle assumed the house elves made. "I don't know, Harry. 'Mione's got a point."

"Yes Ron, but you have to admit that it makes sense because Lucius is in Azkaban and Voldemort probably wants to punish him for not taking the prophecy." Harry voiced. The two other friends just mumbled something in response.

Pansy noticed what they were talking about and just started laughing. Isabelle followed suit and laughed as well. The 3 friends noticed that the 2 girls were laughing and just packed up their things and left while muttering something about being inconsiderate.

"Oh my god! Did you hear that Lavender Brown is in love with Ronald Weasley." Pansy suddenly said. "Adrian told me."

"Couldn't be me. I don't want a boyfriend right now." Isabelle rolled her eyes as Pansy gave her a knowing look.

"Oh yeah." Pansy joked. "What about Blaise?"

"I'm still thinking about that." Her face burned up again. "God damn it! I'm blushing again." She couldn't control when she blushed but it was getting annoying.

"Have you seen Draco today?" Pansy asked. " Because he wasn't at breakfast or anything."

Isabelle knew what was really going on with Draco. "I haven't seen him but I'm sure he's okay." Draco didn't want anyone knowing about his little secret.

Pansy asked what time it was and they noticed that they had class in 2 minutes. "Holy crap! Holy crap, Hurry!" Pansy exclaimed while picking up her books and sprinting to the ancient runes class.

Isabelle ran behind her, trying to catch up. "Slow down!" She couldn't run that fast.

"No!" Pansy ran even faster. "Last year I got detention almost every week because I was late." The only teacher that didn't give her detention all last year was Snape.

They burst into the classroom and the teacher stopped talking and looked at them, everyone stared as well. "Sorry professor. We lost track of time." Pansy gasped.

The professor just murmured something and pointed for them to sit down. The girls sat down quickly, without protesting.

Isabelle wasn't really good in this subject, Pansy was bad too. The both of them were extremely lost but they tried to understand. They took notes on a piece of parchment to see if Draco or Blaise could explain it to them.

The class went quickly because Isabelle was just doodling on the piece of parchment. When they could finally leave they picked up their stuff and ran out of the classroom. "Damn, I didn't understand a single thing." Pansy looked at Isabelle.

"Same." Isabelle responded. "Maybe Draco can tutor us or something."

They started looking for Draco again, even if he had a mission he should still have fun. They walked in front of the room of requirements. Guardian the room stood two girls that they had never seen before, they looked weirdly like Crabbe and Goyle.

"Get lost." One of them barked. Then she stood back on his guard.

"Who are you anyways?" Pansy questioned. The girls turned red and looked away, not answering the question. "Answer me."

"Erm- Um- We- I-" The other mysterious girl stammered but never answered. They both looked suspicious.

"You know what? Forget it." Isabelle said and pulled Pansy away. "Morons."

They decided to go for a walk on the school grounds. When they were walking Peeves came over to them and told them. "If Filch asks where I am you tell him I am with the Bloody Baron."

They both nodded and continued with the walk. Filch came towards them. "Have you seen Peeves?" He asked.

"No." Isabelle answered bluntly. Mrs. Norris followed close behind. Pansy explained why everyone hated that cat.

They walked past Hagrid's hut. Pansy always had a problem with Hagrid because he was half giant but if he wasn't dangerous now he would probably never kill anyone. Inside the hut Harry, Hermione, and Ron sat drinking some tea and trying to calm down a weeping Hagrid.

Isabelle and Pansy just walked around the hut. They laughed and sang, enjoying the time they had with no homework. As they passed the door the three kids that were inside opened the door to leave.

They stared at each other for a few long seconds. The awkward silence was excruciating and the tension was high.

"Can you move out of the way?" Harry Potter asked, he was seemingly annoyed. "You shouldn't be out this late."

"I could say the same for you." Isabelle stood her ground. She wasn't going to follow orders from 'The chosen one'. "Don't act like we are the only ones that break the rules."

"We don't break rules with malice." Hermione's lips looked thin and she was pale, this meant she was mad.

"Oh please, Granger." Pansy scoffed. "We were just walking the grounds. Not everything we do is evil."

"Bugger off, will you?" Ron mocked them, but he stood in the back like always.

"You bugger off." Isabelle said in response. She was now getting mad; or madder.

"Can you not?" Hermione asked sarcastically. She looked like she was proud of herself but Isabelle and Pansy just looked at her with disgust.

"Can you not what?" Isabelle spat back. "Because you were the one to start it."

"God, at least our mums aren't mad." Ron muttered.

Isabelle slapped him as hard as she could. His cheek was red and Ron looked afraid. "I'm sorry. I don't know why I did that. I apologize." She had never been so mad that she's hurt anyone. This will add to their stupid illusions about her.

Harry and Hermione pulled Ron away from Isabelle and Pansy. The girls just stayed behind a little bit but still entered the castle.

Isabelle couldn't help but feel a bit bad for Ron, his face had a hand mark.She didn't know why she was feeling remorse.