𝐏𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎.

Six Years Later.

"Number twenty seven!" Jayda called out, taking a player bag from the warmer and sitting it on the counter.

"Twenty s-oh, are you twenty seven?" She asked a customer that had approached her.

"Yeah, that's me. Two sourdough jacks and a large onion ring." He confirmed his order, and she passed the bag to him, grabbing a large sized cup to go with his order.

"Anything else I can get you? Sauces or more napkins?" She asked, dusting her gloves down her apron.

"Yeah, what time you get off?" He smirked at her, and she refrained from looking at him in disgust.

"I'm sixteen." She fake laughed, and he laughed with her.

"Well-I won't tell if you don't." He winked at her, and she fake laughed once more, turning to go occupy herself with anything to get him out of her face.

She hated men that still made advances at her even after finding out her age. Plus, she didn't even look grown, at least she didn't think she did. She stood at 4'11, and she had a naturally small build. If anything she looked way younger than she actually was.

The men at Jack in the Box didn't care though. They flirted with her non stop, not even caring about her very obvious uncomfortable, fake laughs.

"Jayda! Clock out!" Her manager called from the back office, and she sighed in relief, walking over to the cash register.

She ignored the customer that stood there, typing 179 on the keypad, then hitting clock out. Once her shift was over, she didn't care if the lobby was full to it's entirety, she was going the hell home.

"Somebody will be with you in a minute." She said to the woman, before walking off, heading towards the back.

"Tasha, do you have my check?" She asked, peeking her head in the office.

"Direct deposit hit an hour ago miss mamas. Be safe." Tasha told her without looking up from her computer, and Jayda smiled big, walking away from the door.

She popped open her locker, grabbing her iPhone 5, and her earbuds, as well as her purse, then shutting it.

She made herself a cup of Rootbeer, finally leaving the restaurant after another couple of minutes.

Looking down at her phone, she could see the notification of a direct deposit for $729.91 loaded to her card, and her smile widened.

She'd pulled doubles all this week to make sure her check was past what she needed so that she could do some other things with the extra money.

The first thing she wanted to do was go and buy groceries, so that's exactly what she did. It took her about two hours to walk from her job to the store, and then the store to the apartment, carrying all of the groceries on her own.

"Dayvon?" She called once she walked inside, dropping the bags on the ground. She sighed after not getting a response, knowing that he was probably still at work.

She locked the door behind her, and spent a few minutes putting up all of the groceries that she'd just bought. She ended up spending $52 from her card, and then another $300 from her and Dayvon's food stamp card.

She bought enough groceries to last them two to three weeks, and that would be enough to cover them until her next paycheck.

Jayda took a shower, afterwards getting dressed in a pair of boxers and a tank top, now sitting at the dining room table doing homework.