13.

Two weeks later.

"Move, damn." Jayda laughed, mushing Von's head away from her.

"No you move. I don't eat this shit Jayda I just told you that." He reached to take the spinach out of the grocery cart, and she popped his hand, making him frown.

"Stop touching shit before you wake my baby up." She looked at Cyn who was currently asleep on Von's shoulder as they walked through the store.

"Shut yo bald headed ass up. I'm not bringing you next time." He rolled his eyes, and she laughed.

"Nigga I brought you. The hell?" She lightly snaked her neck, making him smile, rolling his eyes once more.

Jayda pushed the basket, pulling her phone out and dialing Nau'Jour's contact for the fifth time. Once it dialed out, she internally groaned in frustration.

"What's wrong?" Von asked, seeing the upsetting look on her face, and she replaced it with her resting expression.

"Nothing, I'm fine. Okay so, chicken or beef noodles?" She pointed towards the shelf, and seeing that she didn't want to talk about what was wrong, he left it alone.

"Both. I like beef but Cyn hate that shit." He shook his head, and she chuckled, grabbing both bitches and placing them underneath the basket.

After coming to terms with an official co parentimg schedule, Von figured it was time to change a few things around to better suit the needs of Cyncere.

The first thing he wanted to do was go grocery shopping. He personally never ate real meals; snacks or quick microwaveable foods usually satisfied him if he wasn't eating out.

Now that Cyncere would be over more often, he wanted Jayda to help him buy the things that Cyn usually ate, and real food to cook for him.

Jayda had asked Toosii to accompany her because she just wanted the two of them to become a bit more cordial, but he declined, and she hadn't heard from him since she'd left.

She had asked him more than once if he was okay with her going and if she shouldn't, but he reiterated that it was just grocery shopping and it didn't bother him.

He had been acting a little off with her the past couple of days, and him ignoring her calls set her on edge. She would have to have a real conversation with him when she got back home.

While Von put more things in the cart, Jayda checked Toosii's location, seeing that he was at his studio. She switched apps, checking the cameras, seeing him bobbing his head in the booth-recording a song.

She called him once more, and then sighed as she watched him let it ring, taking his headphones off once she called again. He picked up, and she stepped away from Von, putting her phone to her ear.

"Nau'Jour are you upset with me?" She asked as soon as the call connected.

"Baby what you talkin' about?" He returned a question, confused.

"We're about to pretend like you haven't been ignoring me today?"

"I know you see me at the studio J. It wasn't on purpose, I just took my phone off silent. I'm sorry. You okay?" He stepped out of the booth so that his call didn't echo.

"No, I'm not. Something's wrong with you and you won't tell me. If it's something that I did I'm sorry Nana. I hate making you upset. Just tell me what I did so that I can fix it, please." She ran her fingers through her hair, overthinking herself into stressing.

"Baby what I tell you 'bout that?" He frowned, and she sighed, glancing over at Von, seeing him typing on his phone, waiting for her.

"Stop blaming yourself for other people's actions, ight? I know it seem like I was ignoring you but it wasn't on purpose. I been here since you left, I ain't even been on my phone you can check my camera feed. I know yo stalker ass been watching me." He joked, and she laughed because she definitely had.