#1 - Here's To Freedom

"Don't you just love the moon?" With another gulp of my drink, I slur to no-one in particular.

Most likely to myself, or anyone else that's being nosey and listening to me drink my sorrows away on top of my small apartment roof in Seoul.

Being dumped on a beautiful night like this should be a crime. The air is fresh, sky black with loads of little balls of light scattered across it, like flicking a paintbrush covered in white paint onto a black canvas.

And right in the centre, is my favourite part of that canvas.

My little moon.

Look how gorgeous it is tonight! A full moon never fails to bring a smile on my face, even if tonight should be the worst night of my life.

But I somehow feel...free. I am no longer being held back, and it feels damn good.

"It should be illegal to look that good...Mr Moon," I hiccup, giggling and staring up at the moon like a child with their mouth wide open in curiosity.

"I wonder if you're listening to me. If you are, then today's your lucky day. Because you my good moony-friend, get to talk to Park Narae all night long. Most likely until she passes out."

Lifting up the bottle of alcohol, I empty out more of its contents into my mouth.

"Which won't take long," I quickly add, raising my finger up. "You see, Mr Moon, I got dumped today."

Thinking about my now ex-boyfriend makes me laugh, and also want to throw up. However that may be courtesy of the alcohol.

"And so, I am a free little pigeon," I nod with a grin. "Away from relationships, dating, and boys. I plan on staying single until the day I die. Because I for one, think love is overrated."

I'm pretty sure that so called 'relationship' was fake. After he dumped me I realised he had been seeing someone else the entire time.

Then, I felt incredibly stupid and dumb for not realising it sooner, and believing that it was real.

And now all I can think of is...why do men?

That's it. That's literally all I have to say and every girl instantly knows what I mean.

Why. Do. Men.

Raising my bottle into the air, aiming it towards the moon, my voice speaks to it as a toast.

"So here's to freedom, moony! And new beginnings as a free pigeon!"

I don't even realise how stupid I sound from the drunkess of my words, and gulp down the remaining liquid down my throat until it's empty.

"Oh how I wish I could talk to you in person," I sigh. "Wouldn't it be great if you actually answered me back? That would be very helpful, but right now you're being a bit useless and kinda judgemental Mr Moody." I giggle to myself at the rephrasing of 'moony'.

"But I'll forgive you just this once. Only on one condition: we have to talk again, same time tomorrow. Deal?" My hand instantly goes up, holding it out for the moon to 'shake'.

When I realise what I'm doing I burst out in laughter, my hand plopping back down into my lap.

"You don't mind if I take a little nap, right?" I obliviously ask the big ball of light in the night sky.

Expecting no response I lean my head back on the ground, which surprisingly is quite comfy (must be the drunkness) and close my eyes.

I end up falling asleep as soon as I do.

~The morning~

Squinting my eyes open against the daylight, I find my head to be pounding. Groaning, I press my hand to it, slowly sitting up.

I look out the window to be greeted with the blue sky as it reflects into my eyes, a soft breeze blowing through as it's slightly ajar.

Memories then come rushing back from last night. I can't believe I drunkenly spoke to the moon like to a puppy.

When thinking back to it I groan even more in embarassment, really hoping no-one was around to see or hear it. I'm already a joke as it is, and this has just made it even worse.

My phone then makes a buzz noise from the counter, only worsening my headache. When it doesn't shut up I groan, picking it up and answering the call.

"Hello?" My voice croaks.

"Damn, you sound terrible," I instantly recognise the voice belonging to my closest friend, Haeyoung. "I figured this would happen as soon as you told me that your now ex-boyfriend broke up with you."

"Yeah, I figured too," I sigh.

"Anyway I'm coming over in about an hour, so we can go out somewhere so you won't be moping around about an asshole."

What I love about Haeyoung is that you can always rely on her to make you feel better. She's always there for you, no matter what the situation.

Even if she can't be here one day, she'll come the next day. Or the next one, or the one after that. She'll make time to be a good friend.

"Thanks Haeyoung, see you later."

After saying a cheery little 'bye' to me, I hang up the phone and place it back onto the counter.

Uncovering the covers off my body, I slowly sit up with a groan as I press my hand to my forehead.

Hold on.

I blink, now realising where I am. I hadn't realised it when I woke up because I was still in a daze.

But the last thing I remember is falling asleep on the roof of my little apartment.

And now I'm in my apartment. In my room.

I must've came here last night and passed out properly...perfectly underneath the covers in my own bed. If I was to pass out it would've most likely been on the sofa. So why am I here?

My attention then turns to the bedside table. There's a glass of water sat there, with a tablet next to it which I'm assuming is for my hangover.

What the fuck.

I know for definite I did not put that out for myself whilst drunk. Meaning that someone must've brought me here, and got the water and tablet out for me to have in the morning.

Maybe it was Haeyoung. After all, she knew this would happen and maybe came over last night to put me back into bed.

But she didn't mention anything when I was on the phone to her a couple minutes ago.

Meaning it was someone else. So the real question is: who?