#20 - It Begins

Author's POV

"Are you sure they're...here?" Jin blinks, looking around at the eerie silence surrounding them.

Not a single sound has risen the more they step towards where Narae and Haeyoung supposedly are, and so the six stars are starting to doubt the moon's tracking skills.

The other three (Hoseok, Jimin and Jungkook) all came down from the sky to join the other after hearing what had happened.

"They have to be here. They have to be," Namjoon frowns in annoyance of himself, scanning the area.

"Did it ever occur to you that this might be, oh I don't know...a trap?" Taehyung huffs with a raised eyebrow.

Groaning, Yoongi shoves the back of Taehyung's head, earning a hard glare from the man. None of them want to acknowledge the danger that's coming, or has already happened to Narae and Haeyoung.

"Try and use that useless brain of yours and listen. No-one is here," Yoongi answers, opening his arms out to the silence. "We can hear anything. And right now? I hear nothing."

"Exactly!" Taehyung sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose. "We can't hear anything. Meaning whoever took them is planning something. Meaning they have to be stars aswell?"

"How much do you wanna bet that it's them stars from before?" Hoseok lightly chuckles, shaking his head. "They really didn't learn their lesson the last time we beat them up."

"Um, excuse me? We did not beat them up; they beat us up! Meaning we should all be very cautious!" Jin scoffs, warily looking around.

"Even if they really are here, there's no humans around. Meaning if we become weak like before we'll be drained and unable to get our strength back," Taehyung frowns.

"There are here. I know they are," Namjoon tries to block out their unhelpful negative words. But when nothing you hear is but positive words, after a while you start to believe it.

Maybe they aren't here.

"There's just something that's...off," Namjoon then says under his breath. Which unfortunately, the rest of them all hear making them freeze.

They all had a little bit of hope left in them, since their moon, their leader still did too. But now even he's doubting it, that hope is now long gone.

"You've got to be kidding me," Taehyung throws his hands in the air. "Seriously, why are we here? It's clear they aren't here so let's just go!"

"No Taehyung, we need to properly search this place," Hoseok protests.

"But we'd be here forever," Jimin tilts his head, looking around. "This place isn't exactly the smallest car park in the world."

Jungkook sighs, watching all of them argue amongst themselves whilst the moon's completely disassociated himself with them as he tries to figure out what's wrong.

So Jungkook steps forwards, about to try and calm them all down and to think rationally. But he barely gets to open his mouth to speak.

Instead, when he does open his mouth, a painful scream erupts from his throat as something hits and clasps onto his back. He stumbles forwards and falls to the ground as the rest of them finally fall silent and alert.

"Five!" Namjoon's about to take a step forwards and help him, but his steps falter when he sees a siluette at the far end of the car park.

Whoever it is shoots whatever hurt Jungkook again at them with a crossbow, but Namjoon quickly grabs Jimin's arm and pulls him out of the way.