#2 - Secret Admirer

It takes Haeyoung half an hour to arrive at my apartment as I hear her ringing the doorbell.

Even though she told me she'd be here in around an hour I knew she'd somehow get here earlier, so I made sure I freshened myself up and got dressed before she arrived.

I also remind myself to ask her about what happened last night. Even though it may not have been her that brought me inside, I still need to be sure.

Because who else would it be?

"I brought some snacks," That's the first thing Haeyoung says as soon as I open the door.

And they were good words to hear.

With a simple smile she holds up the bag of 'snacks' containing whatever she brought.

Haeyoung's hair is tied into a pony tail, with loose stains of hair at the sides of her face. Her blue denim jacket sleeves are rolled up to her elbows, white t-shirt tucked into a long, flowy skirt which matches the colour of her jacket.

Another thing about Haeyoung: she really knows how to dress.

Me on the other hand? Let's not go there.

Gladly taking the bag from her, I thank her with a smile and she steps inside and closes the door.

"Is it warm outside?" I ask as I walk into the kitchen, setting the bag down on the kitchen island.

"Yeah, but there's a nice breeze so the air isn't thick with warmth," She replies as she sits down on one of the stools surrounding the island.

Nodding, I take out the items in the bag.

"How are you feeling?" She asks what she's wanted to ask as soon as she walked in.

"I'd be lying if I said I was completely fine. But then I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't. He is the one that cheated on me. I did nothing wrong and therefore have nothing to feel guilty of. His loss anyway."

"You bet it's his loss. I swear, if I see him again I'll whack the back of his head with my shoe," She makes the 'whack' motion with her hand making me laugh a little.

"But anyway, today is not about him. Today is about self-healing and moving on in life. Because you Narae, are a free little pigeon," She sits her hands on top of the table with a bright expression.

"Free pigeon," I mumble under my breath, feeling like I've heard that somewhere before.

"So, where do you want to go?" Placing her chin onto her hand, elbow sitting on the table, Haeyoung patiently waits for my answer.

"The only place I can think of is town centre," I shrug, but surprisingly she nods in approval.

"Town centre it is! There's plenty of things to do there anyway. Like for starters all of the shops we can shop in, the cinema, the gorgeous food places, and I'm pretty sure there's a spa somewhere."

"A spa? Really?" My eyebrows jolt up.

"I'm certain there is. Hold on, I'll search it," She whips her phone out of her bag and begins to type.

As she's typing, my mind settles on last night's event. At this rate I'm really hoping it was her that brought me in last night. But my hopes are slowly starting to drain away as she seems oblivious to what happened.

"You know how I was drunk last night?" I start off by asking.

"You were practically dying on the phone this morning so I put two and two together," Haeyoung hums in agreement, her eyes locked on her phone screen.

"You didn't happen to bring me inside, did you?"

When I say them words, she stops and looks up from her screen.

"No, I was at home. What, do you not remember how you got inside?"

I shake my head with more enthusiasm this time. Because she's right: I have no clue.

"Really?" Her eyes widen a little. "I thought you'd passed out on your bed or something."

"No, I passed out on my roof. Next thing I know I wake up with a mind-numbing headache and somehow tucked in nicely underneath the covers. Not to mention there was a glass of water and a tablet for my hangover on the bedside table."

"What the hell?" Now her eyes fully widen and she places her phone on the counter. "So if I didn't do all of that, and you definitely didn't, who did?"

"I've been trying to figure that out all morning," I sigh, rubbing my forehead.

"It has to be someone who knows your apartment password. Who else knows it?"

"Just you I'm pretty sure," I clarify, then nod to myself. "Yeah, it's just you."

Warily she tilts her head and sits her cheek on her hand, elbow on the counter.

"That's really weird. You're sure you passed out on the roof and not in your bed?"

"I'm positive I did," I nod.

"Then I can only think of three theories," She comes to a conclusion, standing from her seat.

I stand in silence and wait for her to say her so-called explanations.

"Number 1: you sleep walk."

"Sleep walk? Really?" My shoulders slump.

I'm pretty sure I don't sleep walk. Before moving into this apartment I used to live with my parents, and as far as I'm concerned I've never slept walked in my life.

"Number 2: Dohwan saw you passed out and helped you inside somehow."

Dohwan is my neighbour. I don't speak to him often but we're on good terms. Him and his boyfriend live together in the little apartment next to mine, and they're adorable together.

"I don't think he even knows that I'm now a single woman," I think to myself. "Plus he doesn't know my apartment password, and I'm pretty sure I didn't leave any windows open because they were all closed when I woke up."

"Which leads onto theory number 3: you have a secret admirer."

My eyes widen. Maybe the sleep walking idea wasn't so bad.

"You're saying someone...watches me?" Shuddering, I immediately shake my head. "The sleep walking theory was much better. Maybe it's that."

"But then," Haeyoung then doubts her words. "That doesn't explain the water and tablet on your bedside table. Someone definitely put it there Narae."

I bite on my bottom lip anxiously, fiddling even more with my fingers. This is not helping my worried and over-thinking self.

"If only I had a camera in my room or something," I huff. "We could've seen what happened."

Haeyoung then blinks in remberace of something, sitting up straight in her seat with her eyes widened.

"Narae that's it: cameras! Isn't there security cameras outside?"

My expression then changes into one of realisation. Because she's right: there is cameras outside. Since there's other little apartment-houses scattered around the neighbour hood, security cameras are a need.

"There is cameras," I breathe, looking at Haeyoung with a little relieved smile.

With a smug and determined look, she stands up from her chair and grabs her bag.

"Then let's go find out who your secret admirer is, shall we?"