#19 - Reveal

"Touch her I will kill you!"

That's the voice that makes me stir awake. My head lifts, but I find that's the only think I can move. Everything else is...stuck.

As I look down, it begins to make more sense. Ah yes, the clichè kidnapping situation of being tied up to a chair in a random dark place which I'm betting is something abandoned.

The next thing I see is Haeyoung. She's sat opposite me in the same situation, only she's a lot more awake. And very, very pissed off.

"It's really hard to take you seriously when you're tied up," A different voice now speaks somewhere behind me.

"Enough of this, twelve! I get why you want me but why would you take Narae? Let her go now!" Haeyoung yells, tugging on the ropes with all her strength.

Twelve?

"What is happening?" I mumble, catching the attention of Haeyoung that makes her eyes widen.

"Narae, I'm so sorry," Haeyoung then, for some reason, apologises. "If I had recognised who he was before I would've never let you near him!"

"What are you talking about?" I'm about to turn my head, but my neck is throbbing and I wince. "And why does my neck hurt?"

"That's curtesy of the injection I put in you to knock you out cold," that same mysterious voice speaks again.

Yet, it sounds so familiar.

"Number twelve," Haeyoung breathes, glaring at the said man behind me. "He's a star too. Only one of the bad ones. Like who I was."

Then, she hesitates. As her eyes flicker into mine I can tell what she's about to say is going to hurt us both.

"You may know him better as Dohwan."

That's when I start to feel sick to my stomach.

Dohwan. My harmless, innocent, lovely neighbour. The one that helped me realise a name for Namjoon.

He emerges from behind me into the light, and the face that I used to think was so soft has now turned into something I don't recognise anymore.

With his twisted grin and sharp, narrowed eyes, a part of me- no, all of me feels betrayed.

"Oh, don't give me that look Narae," He sniggers, crouching down to my level. "You're breaking my heart here."

"I thought you were my friend," I whisper, heart pounding out of my chest. "You and your boyfri-"

"I don't have a boyfriend, Narae," he cuts me off, standing up straight. "It was all fake."

What?

"Think about it. Have you ever actually seen this 'boyfriend' of mine?" He tests.

"Obviously I ha-" I cut myself off when I realise.

I haven't seen this boyfriend of his before.

It's like with Haeyoung's 'parents' - they don't exist. Meaning Dohwan having a boyfriend was also a delusion that we believed.

"You...tricked us," I whisper, eyebrows furrowed in annoyance. "Why?"

"Remember when your little friends were in trouble, and you and 'Namjoon' had to save the day?" Dohwan scoffs in amusement whilst recalling the day.

"That was me, Narae," His voice lowers. "I was the one who tried getting rid of them."

The ones that attacked them, and made them really weak. They were so weak they had to rely on me to help them.

"Number 8 here, or as you know her as Haeyoung, used to be one of us. She was ruthless, cunning, smart. And now look what's happened. If you were still normal you would've been leading that mission," He snarls, turning to Haeyoung behind him.

"What a shame," The sarcasm drips off her lips. "Looks like I'm not the same anymore. So let us go."

"And what makes you think I'm gonna do that?" Dohwan scoffs. "I want them, not you two. You're both useless to me. I want them so we can finish what we started. Because that man does not deserve to be the moon. I do."

He wants to take over as the moon? He doesn't exactly scream a moon to me. Namjoon is kind, supportive and he listens - a key aspect of being a moon. And this Dohwan now does not have any of them.

"You've got to be kidding," Haeyoung let's out a laugh. "You, the moon? In what world would you ever be the moon Dohwan?"

"This one," He sniggers. "He has the power to do whatever he wants and yet, he never uses it. Why waste all that power?"

Haeyoung's eyes roll. I would've thought she'd be more worried that he's trying to take over Namjoon's position.

"In fact, I think they're on their way over here right now. It looks like we'll have to pick up from where we left off the other day. You two can keep each other company in the meantime," And with that he walks backwards into the darkness, then is gone.

"You're not worried about what he's gonna try and do?" I blink.

"It's Namjoon we're talking about Narae. Like Dohwan said, he has lots of power but never uses it. Unless at a time like this. Trust me, he can do much more than lifting objects into the air," Haeyoung lightly chuckles.

"So what, we just sit here and wait for someone to rescue us?" I've been pulling at these ropes the whole time and they're tied pretty tight.

"Of course not," Taking in a breath, Haeyoung suddenly begins harshly moving the chair she's on, the scraping noise against the floor making me cringe.

My eyes slightly widen when she strongly lifts herself up and drops back to the ground, the chair crashing back and splintering. This loosens the rope around her arms and she wiggles herself free, and suddenly is standing to her feet.

"We don't need them to save us. We save ourselves," She strongly says, untying the ropes around me so I can stand too.

"Okay...now what?" I blink and look around. "We don't know where the others are, or where Dohwan's going. How are we supposed to help them?"

"Well how did you help them before?"

"I didn't do anything. They just held my hand so they could draw their energy back. I was making them stronger again."

Haeyoung looks away, thinking of what to do. I have basically no experience in fighting, except for when I punched Yonghwa in that bar. That was just an impulse however, and he is just a normal human! Not like these guys!

"We'll come up with a plan later. For now we need to find and help them like you did before. Giving them strength is probably what they needed most, so it's going to be what they need most now too," Haeyoung settles on what to do.

"Okay," I'm about to start walking but then spot the planks of wood and rope sitting on the floor. You never know when they may come in handy. I may need to whack Dohwan on the head with this wood!

So I grab them off the floor, earning a slightly confused look from Haeyoung.

"What? You can fight, this is my defense!"

Chuckling and shaking her head, we both set off to find the men that so desperately need our help apparently.

What would they do without us?