#6 - Candle Snack

I did not sleep at all last night.

Mainly because of the fear that the man claiming to be the moon would suddenly appear standing before my bed whilst I was sleeping.

However as I woke up there was no sign of him anywhere. Thank God.

Part of me wants him to come back, and the other half wants him to stay the hell away from me.

The whole day I walk cautiously around my home. My own home! I should feel safe in my own home but now I don't. I feel anxious all the time.

I jolt in my chair at the kitchen island when my phone rings. Placing my hand on my chest to ease myself I place my coffee down and check the caller ID.

Haeyoung. Oh yeah, she said she'd call today.

"Hey Haeyoung."

"Hi! How are you, you okay?"

"I don't even know anymore."

"Why?"

"Because..." I then hesitate. Is it a good idea to tell her?

"Because..." She repeats my tone of voice, waiting for me to finish my sentence.

"There actually was a man in my room! I'm not crazy!" I stand up from my chair, walking towards the living room with my coffee cup in hand.

"Narae-"

"I know what you're gonna say so just listen!" I quickly cut her off before she does tell me I'm crazy. "After you left, I went back in my room and he was sat on my bed again and he-"

I almost drop my coffee.

"What are you doing?!"

"Um, what?" Haeyoung sounds very confused at my sudden outburst.

Them familiar and innocent big eyes look up at me as I walk into the living room. Sitting cross-legged on my sofa, he doesn't even flinch and instead smiles his same dimpled smile.

In his hands is my lavender scented candle I keep on the coffee table.

And he's trying to eat it.

"No, stop it! Put it down!" Frantically I speed walk over and grab it out of his hands, placing my coffee on the table.

"It smelt nice so I thought I'd try it," He shrugs, pouting and looking at it in my hand. "I was quite disappointed that it didn't taste nice however."

"That's because you're not supposed to eat it!" I whisper-shout, turning my back and walking towards the kitchen.

"Narae what's going on? Who are you speaking to?" Haeyoung continues to speak out of my phone.

"No-one! I'm speaking to myself," I chuckle, placing the candle on the kitchen island.

As I look inside the candle I make out two teeth marks in the centre of it, like bunny teeth. Ew.

Shriveling my face up in disgust I hurriedly run back into my living room. My mouth drops open and I glare at the man in the same position he was before.

Only, he's now drinking my coffee.

He barely takes a sip before choking on the beverage, coughing from burning the back of his throat.

"Ow! Why did that taste like the sun?" Grimacing he places the cup back down, wiping his lips with the back of his hand.

"Can I call you back?" I say as I grab a tissue from the TV counter and hand it to him.