#9 - Lost And Found

"You're saying they came down to Earth without your permission?" With my hands firmly on the wheel I drive towards the place Namjoon claims his stars to be.

"Yes, and I have no idea why. They've never followed me- turn right here!" He suddenly yells, pointing to the road turning off.

I yank the wheel to the right, sharply turning the corner and trying not to go over the speed limit. I've never rescued stars before and this is getting more stressful by the second.

"Anyway, they've never followed me down to Earth unless I've specifically told them to. So they've either tried to betray me and failed to do so, or to spy on me - again failing to do so - which ultimately leads to betraying me," he explains, finishing with a frown and slightly irritated expression.

"Or they were worried about you because you've never been away from them for this long and ended up finding trouble instead?" I throw in a suggestion, in which he does consider.

"Maybe. I hope you're right and I'm wrong," he sighs.

"Why would they try betraying you in the first place?"

"Jealousy that I have more power than them probably. I can revoke their power as stars if they continue to go out of line, and they know that I will do it," Namjoon strongly says.

"As in...turn them into humans?"

"Yes," Namjoon nods. "In which they'd never be able to come home in the sky ever again; the worst punishment any of them could recieve, but it's only given as a last resort."

"Have you ever done that?" I wonder, turning my head to face him. "Made one of them turn into a human?"

Namjoon takes a breath, parting his lips. The thought dwells in his mind for a couple seconds before speaking again.

"Yes, I have," That's all he says.

Namjoon gives me more directions for another couple minutes until he abruptly says to stop. We've arrived at a large parking lot, a distance away from the small shops and cafés on the street.

We get out of my car and Namjoon becomes quiet, closing his eyes like he did before when trying to tell if any of his stars were hurt or not.

"Follow me," he says, walking ahead and into the parking lot with me, as he said to do, following from behind.

When we walk further in, the atmosphere becomes more cooler than it was outside. A few cars are dotted around, but there isn't any actual person here.

"Are you sure we're in the right place?" I whisper as he continues talking cautious steps forwards.

"Yes," he answers. "But this place is too big, so we'll split up. You check this floor and the floor above, and I'll check the third and fourth floors."

Before I even have a chance to respond he's already walking towards the stairs. Sighing, I keep my eyes out for people that I have no idea what they look like.

Why would they come to a parking lot if they're in trouble? Why are they in trouble? And how did they come to be in trouble in the first place?

As I'm listing all of the questions I have in my mind, one of them suddenly gets answered: where are they?

A hand harshly slams against my mouth and ducks down with me behind a car. My head spins to see who exactly is man-handling me, and I recognise him.

It's one of the two guys Haeyoung and I ran into the other day, when we went to the police station.

This is the one who told the other to be quiet. Now it makes more sense as to why he said that.

"Do you recognise me?" His voice is a lot deeper than when I heard it from before.