#25 - Living

"You what?" Jimin can't believe what he's hearing.

None of us can. I'm just as shocked as he is, along with the rest of them.

Taehyung catches my eye, and once again my suspicion rises. He doesn't look as shocked as we are.

"You knew, didn't you?" I question, and he snaps his gaze towards me. "You knew about this."

When Taehyung silently nods, the others also cannot believe Taehyung kept it quiet.

"You knew and you never thought of telling us?" Seokjin narrows his eyes at Taehyung.

"Don't blame him. This is my decision and mine only," Yoongi steps forward.

"But why? Two, why would you want to become human?" Jungkook wonders.

I'm beginning to already know the answer.

"No," Jimin instantly shakes his head. "You can't become human!"

Namjoon places his hand onto Yoongi's shoulder, taking a breath through the nose.

"It's his choice, Seven. We have to respect it," He calmly says.

"Am I missing something?" I blink. "What's so bad about becoming a human?"

"Technically there is nothing wrong with it," Seokjin begins, resting a hand on his hip. "Except for one thing."

As he trails off, I begin to remember what Namjoon said to me the other day, when we were on our way to save the six of them. Something he said to me in the car, about when he banished Haeyoung to become human.

"Your memory will be wiped," My voice comes out quietly, but they all hear me regardless. "You'll forget them. You'll forget all of us."

"Not you or Haeyoung, but yes, I will," Yoongi nods, swallowing his saliva.

"What did we do wrong?" Jungkook quietly speaks. "Why would you want to forget us?"

"You've done nothing wrong, Five. None of you have done anything wrong," Yoongi instantly shakes his head. "But I don't want to live like this all the time when I could be living. I want to live a life like the one that was stolen from us when we died all those years ago."

Stepping forward, he raises a grin when the other 5 refuse to look at him. He rests his hand on Jungkook's shoulder and then glances around at the rest of them.

"I don't want to constantly hear people thoughts or have a number as a name anymore," Yoongi sighs. "Or have to rely on humans to get my strength back."

"Instead you want to be the human we rely on to get our strength back," Jimin pouts. "You won't even recognise us if we do."

"And I think you're forgetting the main reason you want to become human, Two," Taehyung tilts his head with a smile on his lips.

Yoongi presses his lips together and nods, thinking of someone we all know of.

"I never thought I would want this as much as I do now. But my feelings have gotten to the better of me," Yoongi shrugs.

"I've talked to Haeyoung about it. It can work," He glances over to me. "We can make it work."

"I believe you, Yoongi," I nod. "But you've known these boys for as long as you can remember. They're like your family."

"They're not like my family, Narae. They are my family."

"So don't go," Jimin mumbles. "Don't leave us."

"I'm not leaving you, Seven," Yoongi smiles. "You can come and see me as many times as you want."

"It won't be the same! You'll think we're some random strangers that stalk you or something," He scoffs.

Namjoon lets out a chuckle along with Yoongi. I know he's being calm about this, but I can tell he's just as upset as the rest of them are.

"If this will make you happy," Taehyung begins, taking a breath in. "Then I'm happy for you."

"Me too," Hoseok agrees. "I know deep down you always wanted to live a life like this, Two. And now that you can, it makes me happy too."

Yoongi sincerely looks at the both of them, holding onto their words. He knows it's not easy for them to hear this, but he's still thankful.

"When will it happen?" Seokjin quietly asks.

"Tomorrow night," Namjoon answers. "He needs to be at Haeyoung's place when it does."

Seokjin nods in understanding.

"Why Haeyoung's place?" Jungkook wonders.

"It's just so he won't be panicked or anything, and he'll be somewhere he's familiar with when it happens," Namjoon explains.

"Meaning we can have one last day. One last day together to do whatever you guys want," Yoongi tries lifting their spirits.

"One last day to tease us for vhpsing to do something stupid you mean," Hoseok scoffs. "Or do that silent judge-y face you do behind our backs."

"When have I ever done that?"

"Believe me, we have caught you many times," Taehyung laughs at the memory.

Jimin huffs, folded arms and refusing to look Yoongi in the eye. Clearly he doesn't support what's going to happen.

"Obviously I don't support it Narae," Jimin groans.

"Okay, new rule: no more reading my mind," I smile at them all, realising I probably should've said that rule ages ago.

"Fine. Sorry," Jimin pouts.

"Anyways," Yoongi turns to Jimin, a tilt of his head. "Let's not make my last day end with being a mood, hm?"

Seokjin holds back a laugh whilst a glare is sent his way by Jimin. However, he knows Yoongi is right.

"Fine! Let's go," Jimin storms off.

"Uh, Jimin? It's tomorrow, not today. I don't know about you guys but I'm going to sleep," I let out a yawn.

I bid them goodnight, hopping off the roof and inside. Haeyoung is sat anxiously on my sofa when I walk in. She springs up when she sees me.

"How did it go?"

"Not the greatest reaction, but they'll accept it at some point," I say in reassurance.

Biting her lip, she looks on edge. She probably thinks they hate her for taking Yoongi away from them.

"Whatever you're thinking, stop. This is Yoongi's decision, and you're just supporting it," I lay my hands on her shoulders to ease them.

"Can't blame me for thinking it," She shrugs.

"It'll be okay, Haeyoung," Namjoon's voice floes through the room. "They'll come around. I mean, they have to come around. Considering it's happening tomorrow."

A sigh leaves her lips and she nods, grabbing her bag from the side.

"I better get back home. I'll see you guys tomorrow," She weakly smiles, and we both bid our goodbyes before she's out the door.

"You get some rest too," Namjoon says, and I feel his hands on my shoulders from behind.

"Are you staying?" I ask, turning around.

I want him to say yes, but with a soft smile he shakes his head.

"I better go and stay with the rest of them, and do some more convincing with Yoongi," He chuckles. "You know where to find me if you want to talk."

Of course. How could I forget that big glowing ball in the sky?

Now I smile too, gazing into his warm eyes.

He lays his lips on my forehead, and also leaves me by myself in my apartment. Letting out another yawn, I head to my room for the night.

Wondering what tomorrow will bring.