#30 - Will Never Be Apart (Final)

Narae's POV

Like I said before, the waiting game is a horrible game. Only this time, I'm not sure if I should be waiting anymore.

It's been four days, and there have been no sign of them. Not of Namjoon, or his stars. It's like all of them have completely vanished off the face of the earth.

Which, of course, isn't true. I know they're still around; they're practically laughing in my faces every night the moment I see the moon shining in the darkness.

I can barely even bring myself to look at the moon now. Many people love the moon, but not so many are in love with the moon.

Apparently, I'm one of them.

"Standing here all day isn't going to make you feel better," Haeyoung's voice brings me back to reality.

"It's a distraction," I mumble, leaning my arms on top of the front tills at Haeyoung's shop.

Haeyoung frowns. I filled her in on what happened the last time I saw Namjoon. It'll probably be the last time I ever see him. In real life, I mean.

Of course she feels bad; she gets to live her happily ever after with now human Yoongi. In fact, they're planning on moving to some other city at some point.

"As soon as I finish, we can do something together. To properly get your mind off him," She says.

Nodding, I plaster a smile, turning my head to look out the window across the shop. But as I do, I freeze when I lock eye contact with a familiar pair of eyes.

Tilting his head, the certain star indicates with his hand for me to come outside.

"Mind if I rain check?"

Haeyoung looks up at the front window, also recognising him. She then shakes her head.

"No, go. It could be important," Haeyoung encourages.

Stepping outside, I confusingly stop in front of star number six. I can't read his expression as to why he's here, where he's been, where he's been, and what's been happening.

"Wow. You really are lost," Taehyung raises an eyebrow.

"What is this about?"

"Come on," He nods his head over, turning his back and walking away.

"Where are you going?" I call after him.

He doesn't even reply. He just carries on casually strolling down the street.

Sighing, I quickly run after him. Once I've caught up, I still try prying whatever's on his mind out of him, but he won't budge.

We end up at a park not far from my house. The benches are angled to overlook a huge fountain. I've been here before, but only when passing by. I've never actually sat down to realise how beautiful the fountain is.

"Now can you tell me what's going on?" I question for the fourth time. "Because it's been days and I have no idea what's-"

"Narae," He softly cuts me off. "This is the last time you're gonna see me."

My heart starts to sink.

"Or any of us, in fact," Taehyung continues. "I'm not here to say what's going on. I'm here to say goodbye."

Out of all the things I thought he was going to say, that definitely wasn't one of them. I wasn't thinking of that at all. That's the last thing I want to happen.

"Where are the others?"

"They didn't have the courage to say bye to you," He plasters a smile. "So here I am."