CHAPTER ONE

It had been a bad morning as usual for Kim Namjoon. It's always a bad morning every time school is involved.

Kim Namjoon has always loved school. He excels on all his studies and has done so from a young age, so college is a breeze for him.

Well besides the fact that almost all the student body likes to make his life harder than it already is.

He had been a foster kid since birth. According to the woman that found him, his birth mother had left him at the doorstep of a homeless shelter.

He was still a baby back then, no older than two months in a baby carrier with a bag of necessities and a pacifier in his mouth.

The woman who found him was homeless and could barely take care of herself let alone a baby, so she had taken him to the nearest orphanage.

He has been in different foster homes ever since. Not once has hee been adopted or even considered for adoption even though he was one of the smartest kids in that orphanage.

According to him, that is what made him unappealing to the people who wanted children.

A smart child can be good and bad, after all.

Now, at twenty years old, Namjoon has to pay rent and his college tuition all while trying to at least have food once a day.

He doesn't need extra weight being put on his shoulders by his peers, but he can't do anything about it.

Kim Taehyung watches from his spot in the cafeteria as one of the jocks, who hasn't moved on from his high school popularity, dumps his drink over Namjoon's head.

His brown hair instantly clings to his forehead with a few strands getting stuck on his round glasses.

Even with wet hair, Namjoon is still the most handsome boy Taehyung has ever seen. Why he doesn’t defend him, he doesn't know.

He has come to Namjoon's rescue multiple times in the past. Especially when the bullying got to extreme and he feared he would get hurt, Taehyung had stopped it before it could get bad.

Namjoon never understood why Taehyung, one of the most popular boys in his school, would help a nobody like him. He figured it was because Taehyung is a nice person behind the blank expression and cocky attitude he always has.

Namjoon is surprised when an angry Taehyung grabs him by his oversized sweater and pulls him out of the crowded cafeteria.

Taehyung doesn't normally interfere unless Namjoon is being physically abused by the jocks, which is not the case right now.

Taehyung is shorter than Namjoon by an inch or so but somehow, Namjoon is looking up at the male right now. "Uhm, h-hi?" He stutters out nervously.

Taehyung doesn't respond as he continues to pull Namjoon towards his car.

Namjoon is left to awkwardly follow behind him, confused as to why he's being taken to the fancy vehicle.

"Get in." Taehyung's deep voice orders, and Namjoon immediately does as he's told after the door is unlocked.

He gets into the passenger seat, sitting on the leather seat with his hands clasped in his lap, shifting awkwardly while looking around at the beautiful interior of the expensive car.

Taehyung gets into the drivers seat, pulls a pair of sunglasses out of nowhere and orders Namjoon to put his seat belt on.

After making sure that both of their seat belts are secure, Taehyung expertly drives out of the parking lot and out of the college gates with a confused Namjoon.

After some time, Namjoons curiosity finally gets the better of him and he asks, "Uhm, where are we go-ing?" In a timid voice.

He cringes at the crack in his voice.

Taehyung peeks at the man momentarily before looking back at the road, "I'm getting you a change of clothes, of course." He tells him simply.

He noticed how Namjoon has been wearing the same sweater for a while now. It's the beginning of winter and that thin sweater looks like it doesn't help with the cold weather.

Taehyung just needed an excuse to get him a better set of winter clothing and that asshole jock did him a favor today.

"Oh. N-no, I'm fine. You don't have to do that." Namjoon tries to confidently stop the man from spending any money on him. Goddess knows he'll never be able to pay him back.

Taehyung looks at him again before looking back at the road, "It's no problem at all, Namjoon. You might get sick if you're in wet clothes all day." He explains, wanting to kick himself for his words.

Namjoon, on the other hand, looks at Taehyung weirdly.

Why does he care? And why do I like the sound of my name on his lips.

Namjoon shakes his head to clear his thoughts. He needs to stop thinking about Taehyung's lips.

"Why do you care?" He asks, his voice still timid but at least it's not cracking anymore.

Taehyung is caught off guard by his question but for some reason, he doesn't want to lie and say he doesn't care so he just says, "I just do."

When he looks at Namjoon, he sees a blush gracing his cheeks. He wants to coo at how cute he is but the red light they were in turns green and he starts driving again.

Namjoon is left trying to get his hot cheeks to cool down. His ears also burning with a blush. He keeps stealing peeks at Taehyung as he drives, admiring how handsome and confident  the man is.

There's a comfortable silence between, soft music playing on the radio, a blushing Namjoon on the passenger seat, and a smug Taehyung behind the wheel, as they drive to the mall.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
First chapter down and many more to go.

I don't like writing in third person pov but having seven different povs is very confusing when I have to update 😅 After writing this chapter, I decided to drop the 3rd person pov

Enjoy this new piece! Also here's  a picture of Joon that has a place in my heart 🥺❤