Act 1 - 2

Orihime got a buzz on her phone.

Pulling it out, she saw it was a text from her cute baby brother. She had him saved under My Wittle Gremmy with a picture of him as a toddler. He was so precious!

My Wittle Gremmy: I feel more Hollows in the area. Are you safe?

Orihime smiled at that

She, too, could feel the increase of Hollow activity. Now that she was aware of Rukia's existence, Orihime had made it a point to track where Rukia's reiatsu went during the day. She found that Rukia and Ichigo had gone to confront nearby Hollows, and judging from how the Hollows' reiatsu would vanish shortly afterward, she could only conclude that they were defeated.

It seemed to be a neat little hobby the two had developed.

She wondered if Ichigo wanted to become a Shinigami or something. Was Rukia wanting to recruit him?

What fun!

Ichigo was certainly heroic enough to become a Shinigami. Mother would often call him a little hero when she doted on him.

Orihime: I'm fine. :) Are you worried?

My Wittle Gremmy: Anyone would be if they had an airhead of a sister like you.

Orihime: Aww. My little tsundere baby brother.

My Wittle Gremmy: Go eat raw batter.

Orihime: Oh I will. And it'll taste great. ^^

My Wittle Gremmy: :I

My Wittle Gremmy: Dumbass.

Orihime giggled. She got up from her seat.

'I think for today's lunch, I'm going to eat with Gremmy!' The middle school wasn't too far away, and if she used her reiatsu to walk across the air it'd be even faster. She loved surprising Gremmy and his friends.

She didn't air-walk often—she had to keep her powers hidden—but she enjoyed it. Mother had shown her and Gremmy how to twist their reiatsu to cause a glamour that would make those without reiatsu not be able to see them. It wouldn't stop a Shinigami from not spotting them, but it was enough for Orihime and Gremmy to air-walk without getting caught.