Greenroom V

Genryūsai tried his best to get me back to the academy to teach but I threw such a magnificent hissy fit. I warned him he'd have to physically haul me back there and we both knew he couldn't defeat me in combat. He relented; I celebrated.

Time continued to march on. I had to eventually bite the bullet and put together a more permanent team. My standard team was not canonical to that universe. In order to change the story I needed to personally pull in characters into my team to train them, guide them, and bond with them. That meant I needed to effectively kick out whoever was my lieutenant prior to make room.

Obviously doing that to an actual human soul would cause dramageddon.

My solution?

Summoned creatures.

Much like Soul Mods, or Soul Candy pills. I molded their bodies from the corpses of... well, perhaps that part is better left unsaid. I did get a little murder happy making their bodies.

(Although the Soul Candy pills weren't invented yet, it wasn't like it was rocket science to figure it out. I've made homunculi before as Elizabeth, the core science remained the same. Just had to make sure no one else figured out how I made them so it wouldn't fudge the timeline up in a way I didn't like.)

After a body was created I summoned forth companions and echoes of creatures I had befriended within my past lives. Not all of them could come personally, but they were happy to donate a copy of their energy and personality.

The result ended up being that the standard team for the Fifth Division was usually made up of inhuman creatures that specialized in utilizing devastating "hadō" attacks rather than the typical zanpakutō. My summons were not allowed to carry such a sword because the Soul King was a prejudice dick. Apparently giving a zanpakutō to a demon or whatever would be too evil.

Pfft.

My sword was Evil™, not my companions!

Most of the time.

Okay like, so maybe two of them helped me do a genocide run but like that was ages ago.

I only kept three, but that was all I would ever need. It wasn't that I really needed them for battle, but as long as I had someone in my squad Genryūsai wouldn't make me take on uninteresting fodder characters.

With my summons, they were more than happy to play the roles I gave them.

First:

Name: Kura

Body type: Red fox

Speciality: Destruction / Fire / Mage DPS

Personality: Tsundere / Kamidere

Second:

Name: Shiori

Body type: Butterfly with clear wings and frost at the tips

Specialty: Espionage / Illusion / Retired combatant but if necessary uses ice-based attacks

Personality: Dandere

Third:

Name: Snuggles

Body type: Tiny panther

Specialty: Assassin / Melee DPS

Personality: Mayadere / Kuudere

And best of all, when I needed a more human canon-friendly team I could send them away and they wouldn't make a fuss about it. Perfect situation for my needs.