Act 1 - 3

Orihime was perturbed

She had enjoyed the past month with Rukia, but she'd be lying if she hadn't noticed the odd surge in Hollows.

Previously Orihime would only occasionally encounter a Hollow, but ever since Rukia came into the picture there were dozens of Hollows a week. Why, just last week there was such a huge influx Orihime had to personally clear out thirty on her way to pick up Gremmy.

She did not think it was an intentional correlation—Rukia struck her as a sincere Shinigami—yet she could not dismiss the possibility.

Something had happened.

Something was causing the influx.

She wished she knew what.

She was tempted to call Mother, but the enemies that had appeared were not significant enough to be called a threat.

And so she was perturbed.

She did not think Rukia's presence was a coincidence.

Was the flood of Hollows a targeted attack against Rukia? Or was Rukia dispatched to the Human World in anticipation of the surge? Was that why she recruited Ichigo as a Substitute Shinigami?

Orihime did not know, and she did think Rukia would answer honestly if she directly asked.

'Hmm...'

Orihime pondered the situation as she left school that day, again alone. Rukia and Ichigo were constantly leaving early to fight Hollows or whatever. Orihime was so engrossed in her thoughts she almost missed the familiar feel of reiatsu.

However, as soon as she noticed it, her entire demeanor brightened like the dawn chasing away the night.

"Auntie!" Orihime squealed with delight for none other than her favorite aunt had come to pick her up after school.

Yoruichi grinned. "Princess! Come here."

Orihime leaped into Yoruichi's arms, laughing as Yoruichi spun her around

Orihime leaped into Yoruichi's arms, laughing as Yoruichi spun her around. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too," Yoruichi said. "I brought you and your brothers some souvenirs."