Greenroom IV

720 a

720 a.d.

I had a lovely little tearoom in my complex. There was a fire pit at the center and it was surrounded by plush, soft, cushions. Each of them were hand woven. I had collected a couple dozen of sheep that I kept in the back and used for wool. It was a nice pastime to tend to the gentle animals, and I enjoyed the mindless task of carding and roving the wool. Genryūsai also enjoyed it. When it was time to prep the wool, he'd come by and sit outside with me and talk while we worked.

It wasn't some difficult training method, or time-consuming bureaucratic duty. It was simply two companions who sat outside in a zen garden, absentmindedly moving their hands while talking about unimportant things.

I did sell my excess wool on the side. I spoiled the shit out of my sheep with my own dietary plan for them, so they always produced excellent quality. A lot of the noble and wealthy spirits went out of their way to try and obtain some.

In my tearoom, I poured Genryūsai a small cup of strawberry white tea. He had stopped by in the afternoon with a twinkle in his eyes.

The moment I saw that sparkle in his gaze I had a sinking feeling he was about to give me bad news. Specifically, the kind of bad news I would hate, and he would love.

I was right.

"Why do I have to teach at the academy?" I whined after he dropped his bombshell.

Genryūsai finished his first cup of tea before he answered. "Because I have to come up with some kind of punishment for you after you ran off the last of your squad—again!"

"But they're so weak," I bemoaned to Genryūsai as I poured him a second cup of tea. "I'll just end up scaring them away."

"Oh no you don't," Genryūsai warned me, his dark ember eyes narrowing in a warning. The man was forever stuck in his twenties thanks to my training, and if I had to take a guess I'd bet a good amount of money he was already stronger than his canonical counterpart. Strong enough I had to actually use my Evil™ zanpakutō when fighting him.

On one hand, I was one proud momma for that.

On the other hand, damn it let me be lazy.

"If you don't succeed in graduating at least one student, I'll shut down all the bars in Soul Society for a month. No more Mystery Midnight Magic."

"Noooo. Not my magic shows!" I cried out. "It's a tradition."

"Then you better not fail."

"You're eviler than my zanpakutō," I mock-sniffled.

"Thank you," Genryūsai returned. "Have fun teaching cannon fodder."

"EVEN YOU ADMITTED WHAT THEY ARE! GIMME BACK THAT TEA YOU LITTLE SHIT."

Genryūsai gulped down his cup of tea, grabbed the teapot, and fled while laughing at my misery.

(◕▾◕✿)