Act 2 - 1

It took ten days to prepare for the excursion into Soul Society, mostly because Kisuke had to train Ichigo

Orihime and Gremmy visited their older brother, Sora, at his apartment near the university during that time. Sora was studying to be a veterinarian at the University of Tokyo. Mother set him up in an apartment near the university and sent him a large weekly allowance so he was never short of money for whatever he needed / wanted. Sora had wanted to stay on the campus, but Mother firmly rejected that notion when it became apparent he would have to share a dorm room. She was surprisingly strict about him not having a roommate until he was in a steady relationship—something about harem rules?

That didn't stop some of Sora's friends from occasionally staying over due to unforeseen circumstances. There was a time when one of them had a busted pipe, and another had a helicopter crash into their apartment somehow?? Another had a bear that recently escaped from a zoo bust in and destroy everything. All very strange reasons that would inevitably result in them needing a place to stay.

When that happened, Orihime and Gremmy were forbidden from going over to Sora's until they were gone otherwise they would "probably walk in on something traumatizing for all parties involved."

Thankfully, that week Sora truly lived alone. He was happy that his younger siblings had paid him a visit and he ushered them in.

They enjoyed tea and some tofu doughnuts Sora made from scratch while Orihime and Gremmy explained the situation to Sora.

Sora thoughtfully chewed over the doughnuts. "I don't know you two... Mom said to never go to the Soul Society without her. Maybe you should call her?"

"There's no need to bother Mama," Gremmy disagreed. "We can handle the situation."

Sora's brow furrowed. He reached over and placed a hand atop Gremmy's head. "I don't doubt your capabilities, but Mom's never been wrong before. I know you both are amazing, and I understand you want to rescue your friend... I just think you should be more cautious about this."

"We don't want to interrupt Mother's work," Orihime quietly said. "Especially over something we think we can handle."

"I get that, I do, but—" Sora sighed. "I don't want you two to get hurt. Promise you'll give it some more thought, okay?"