New Job?

Chapter 12:
So sorry for the long wait! I haven't had motivation at all.
Hopefully I'll make another chapter today, if I can get any ideas LOL

After a really long day at work, a good night sleep was very much needed. Next to you, was Michael just sleeping there without any care in the world, how you aspired to be like him.

'I should make breakfast, maybe some waffles? that's too simple. Ugh, I'll just make pancakes with some berries and whipped cream on top.'

You tiptoed down the stairs and began cooking the pancakes, of course with a recipe. But to your surprise, not even 15 minutes in, Michael was already sitting down on the couch watching TV.

"What the?! How'd you get up so early? I was planning to make these pancakes a surprise for you.' You grumbled with your eyebrows furrowed, showing a sign of frustration. "Your really bad at tiptoeing, just wanted to let you know." Michael teased with a stupid grin on his face as he walked over to you and wrapped his arms around your waist.

"Now the surprise is ruined ,good grief Michael." You said as you rolled your eyes playfully and finished cooking up the pancakes."Hey! It's not my fault you tiptoe so loudly." Michael chuckled. "Your lucky I love you, if I didn't I really would've gotten mad at you." You said as Michael flashed another toothy grin at you and kissed your cheek.

Ten minutes later, you had finally finished cooking up a stack of pancakes, after what felt like forever. Cooking had always been your thing, Michael appreciating that the most about you. You swiftly stacked 3 pancakes on Michaels plate and set it on the table. "Michael, our breakfast is ready, you can let go now." You said with a chuckle as he groaned and hesitantly let go of your waist and sat down.

1st person POV:

After Michael sat down and quickly began eating the pancakes I had made for him. I groaned and said "Michael! Your gonna choke, you eat way too fast, slow down." while I rolled my eyes. Michael just chuckled, eating at an even faster pace to get a rise out of me. I ignored him as i set down a stack of 2 pancakes, I wasn't.. very hungry. I sat down next to Michael and poured a bit of syrup on my pancakes, not too much.

And of course I had to add berries, why not? I then stood up from my chair and walked over to where our cabinets where, grabbing too glass cups for me and Michael. I set them down on the table and then walked over to our fridge, grabbing my F/D (favorite drink) and pouring a glass of it for the both of us. I placed it back in the fridge and sat back down, when i noticed a couple of my berries disappeared. I looked over at Michael with squinted eyes and furrowed brows. As he tried not to laugh and looked anywhere but me. "Michael." I said. "Yeeees?" He said with a playful tone. "Did you-"

"No- Nope, I didn't." I looked at him with suspicious eyes. "I know you did, you owe me." I said as I rolled my eyes and stole berries from Michaels plate. "Hey! Give them back!" He said with a scrunched up nose as I started laughing, which caused him to laugh too.

After a while, a thought popped in my head.

"Hey Michael?" "Yeah?" "Can you take the day off tomorrow?" I said with a pout on my face, pleading for him to take the day off. "Sorry love, but I can't." "Why not? Please!" "Fine, but you owe me." I looked at him with a content smile as I continued eating. Then, Michael abruptly said,

"Say, you haven't heard of the new restaraunt in town? They're looking for workers.
It opened up a while ago after my dad had started getting lawsuits currently. Children going missing.."

"No? That's strange. I wonder if they've found the missing kids though. I heard they're gonna close Freddy's soon." "Yeah, they're thinking about closing the restaurant a lot earlier than expected. Maybe a week or so?"

"That early? Must be a really big amount of missing children, how sad.. especially after all that's happened with you and your father.." "Truly, this whole company is shitty."

"Thats right, sometimes I really wanna quit." "I think everyone who works there does." Michael chuckled.
"I'm thinking of applying to that new restaurant, what about you, Michael?" "I can't, my father is planning on opening a new restaurant and making me work there."

"Another one? He really must love pizza." You giggled. "Probably, he's so caught up in trying to gain money with those stupid small restaurants."

"Yeah, I'm so eager to get out of that hellhole."
I said as Michael agreed. "Tell me about it, if I could leave I would've left a long time ago."

"Michael?" "Yeah?" "Do you know the phone number of that one restaurant you just told me about?"

"Uh.. I think so? Give me a second."
Michael pulled out a small piece of paper with some numbers on it and handed it to you.

"Thanks Michael! I think I'm gonna quit the job, I really can't handle any of that anymore."
"Oh.. I understand, that job really is a pain, especially with all the rude customers."

"I'll be back, I'm gonna call really quick." I said as I stood up and walked over to our bedroom, leaving Michael alone.

Y/N's POV:
I called the phone number I was given, and to my surprise they answered quite quickly.
"Hello?" "Oh- uh! Hello! I - um was notified you guys were looking for workers?" "Yes, we are. Would you like to apply? We can send you our location."
"Yes please! I'd like to fill out an application."

"Alright, I'll send you the address shortly. Thank you, and we hope to see you there."
They hung up, and I truly was happy I had a chance to quit this idiotic job. I was definitely NOT risking my life for a job that pays me minimum wage.

They sent me the address soon after, and I for sure was going to go tomorrow.

I made my way back to the living room where Michael was watching cartoons like a toddler. It was pretty adorable, I'm not gonna lie. He probably cleaned up after us, since our kitchen table was clean and our plates were in the sink.

"Hey Michael, I'm gonna go get rest. I have to go fill out an application at the restaurant tomorrow." I said before giving him a peck on the cheek.

'I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow. I'm really excited for this new job! Hopefully it's not so bad.'

"Alright love, also I think I'm gonna go to work tomorrow, since you're gonna quit, is that okay?" "Yeah it's fine, it doesn't really matter since I'm not even gonna be there. Um, also, could you tell your father im quitting?" I said as I made my way over to our bedroom.

He nodded and went back to watching his cartoons, as I slipped under the bedsheets, and drifted off to sleep.