Quit The Job

Chapter 13:

Y/Ns POV:

I eagerly woke up to the sound of my alarm, and the feeling of Michael next to me. I calmly woke up, putting this on, mainly because the summer heat had really been hitting, especially here in Hurricane, Utah.

 I calmly woke up, putting this on, mainly because the summer heat had really been hitting, especially here in Hurricane, Utah

'Okay.. hopefully the restaurant is open right now. I forgot to ask them.. but, I think it's on the paper Michael gave me.'

I made some cereal, and checked the time before leaving. I left Michael a note, with the address of where I was going written on it.

To my surprise, the restaurant wasn't that far from Freddy's, only like a block away.

You entered the restaurant and wow, it was much better than expected. "Hello? Are you the one who called yesterday looking for a job?" "Uh- yes I am! I'd like to apply."
"Great! Please fill out this form here and reach out to someone when done." I nodded and filled out the entire form pretty quickly.

"I'm done, I put my number on the side."
"Thank you dear, I'll call you with the results. You go and have a nice day."
"You too as-well."

I decided to call Michael "Hey Michael! I just filled out the application for the job, it went so much better than expected. I might even get the job! Can you sneak out a slice of pizza for me though? I don't feel like cooking tonight." I said with a chuckle.
"Fine, you still owe me though!" You heard him laugh on the other side of the phone. "Yeah I know darling! I'll be back home in a while, don't miss me too much." "Of course!"

I decided to pay a trip to a nearby cafe, and there I saw Lucas, the worker of the month in the new restaurant. "Hey! I think I saw you apply at the new restaurant, 'Smileys Burgers?'" He said as I replied. "Yeah, thats me. Hopefully I get the job." "Yeah! You seem like a nice person, what's your name?" "My name is Y/N, your name is Lucas,right?" "Thats me." I nodded while grabbing a cup of coffee.

"I have to go now. My boyfriend is waiting for me at home, it was nice meeting you." "Hold on!-" "Bye!"
I quickly speed-walked out and drove home.
'That was awkward, I feel bad, I just walked out like that.'

Lucas' POV:
She's.. gorgeous! If she didn't have a boyfriend I really would've tried hitting on her. Her body is so curvy.. the things...- what am I thinking?! She has a boyfriend.. I'll need to think of something.

Narrators POV:

You made your way home, really not wanting to talk to Lucas that much anymore, he seems like a creep.

"Michael? I'm home!" "Hey love! Finally, what took you so long?" "Cafe stop, I'm sorry." "And you didn't bring me any? I'm offended!" He gasped dramatically.
You just snickered and gave him a kiss.

"Better?" "A little, another one would make me very happy." He said with that infamous grin on his face.
"Your so greedy!" You stated while leaning in to give him another one.
"Thats better!"
"Also I forgot the pizza.." He said with a playful yet nervous tone. After, he said. "But.. I'm pretty hungry. Do you wanna try out that new restaurant? I can pay. I think it's um..." Michael supposed.

"Smileys Burgers? Of course. I'm pretty hungry myself.
- Time Skip
"This restaurant is so close to my fathers.. it's a little strange." "Thats what I was thinking! Probably a coincidence though." "Hopefully."

"Hey! Y/N right?" Lucas spoke. "Yeah.. thats me. I brought my boyfriend here with me, Lucas, Michael. Michael, Lucas." They just glared at each other, and to break the tension you asked Michael "Michael, what're you gonna order?"

"I'm not really hungry for burgers anymore, this idiot here ruined my appetite. Can we go somewhere else?" "Of course." You said wanting to get away from Lucas, as you guided Michael to the front door, , the way Lucas stared at your body made him seem like a total perv!

You had to make sure that your parents never came back to this town, you hadn't talked to them ever since you moved back here. Your parents were.. weird to say the least. They always tried to force you to 'marry' people and to set you up with rich boys.. or even men. They were set on making you successful in a happy marriage. The reason you had to move was because of your dads work but also for another reason..

They had found out you were in love with Michael. They strictly forbid it, because they knew his father.. and he wasn't a good man. He was a greedy money-stealing man who worked for sketchy people. Atleast that's what your parents said about him.

They also noticed Michael had fallen in love with you. But they didn't want you to date him.. and for it to lead to something more.. because they mainly thought of him as a bully who was probably as greedy as his father. Your mother was the only one who had a softer and nicer view of Michael, but even her protests couldn't stop your father from making you and your family move.

When you moved, life got harder, you'd get bullied a bunch, with no one to defend you like Michael did. You had no friends, until highschool. That's when you got a major glowup. Boys started to crush on you, hit on you, girls would want to be your friend, while the jealous ones would judge and talk bad about you, which caused most of your insecurities. You were popular in highschool and dated some boys, but most of them were rich boys, ones that were arranged to date you, arranged by your parents.

That's why you don't want them to come back to your hometown. They'd get furious over seeing you with Michael, but he's changed! They just don't want to understand that, yes, he was kind of a bully.. but everyone has their problems. While Lucas, was the perfect fit for you, is what your parents would say. Lucas is.. nice for the most part. Somewhat attractive, but Michael is 100x better than him.

"Let's go Michael, what do you feel like eating?" I said. "Olive Garden? Their pasta is good." Michael awkwardly chuckled. "Alright, Olive Garden it is." You mentioned with a grin.