~4~

My first/second year at Hogwarts was going wonderfully, aside from Malfoy's constant tormenting, at least until Mr. Filch's creepy cat was found petrified.

Harry Potter was a suspect in Filch's mind, and Hermione, even though she was never blamed, was extremely upset about her friend's being accused.

Things only got worse during the weeks after that message was written on the wall. Everyone was scared, and on edge. It took quite a while for things to calm down again, especially over what was clearly nothing more than a childish prank. Probably Malfoy's work.

Now, everyone had relaxed again just in time for our game against the Gryffindors. Even I was excited, and I wasn't one to cheer for sports at all, or represent school spirit. It just felt like we all needed this.

So when I found out that Harry was the seeker for Gryffindor and Draco bloody Malfoy was the seeker for Slytherin, I really didn't know who to cheer for.

On the one hand, Harry and I had become quite close over my first few months at Hogwarts, and I thought of him and Ron as something of brothers to me. Plus, I despised Malfoy with the whole of my being.

On the other hand, Slytherin was my house, and Gen would probably be pretty upset if I wanted our rivals to win. So, I decided reluctantly, I would cheer for Slytherin.

I found my seat in between Ren and Gen and focused in on the match. It was quite a game. There was a rogue bludger after Harry.

He did get hit, but not until after he caught the Golden Snitch. I was very proud of him, but was sure to not show it until I wasn't in the company of a bunch of my angry housemates.

They were all, including Gen and even Ren, mumbling things about how it was not right, how the Gryffindors must've cheated, anything to explain away our loss. Geez, Slytherins were sore losers!

☆☆☆☆☆

Hermione, Ron and I were all very worried for our hurt friend, though he assured us he would be fine, and this event only fueled my resentment for Draco Malfoy more.

I knew I had to get revenge somehow or I would explode. And I didn't care if I went down with him, as long as he went down.

So, here I was, planning out how to get Malfoy, and myself, in trouble. I had to be sure he fulfilled his sentence, after all. And I had to be sure he knew it was me who did it. Teach him what happens when you mess with me.

I had an inkling of a plan, and soon it was fully formed and glorious. As long as I executed it perfectly, he would be in for the humiliation of a lifetime.

☆☆☆☆☆

I slipped into the common room well after midnight, praying that no one would still be awake at the ungodly hour. A quick glance around the room told me my prayers were answered.

Still being cautious, I slowly sneaked into the boys' dorm to find nothing but a bunch of young fellows who were dead to the world.

If I was found sneaking around the boys' dorm, not only would I be in major trouble, but I would be majorly embarrassed. No time to think about that. I shook my head and headed toward the boys' drink dispenser.

I pulled off the lid very carefully and poured the whole bottle of Veritaserum into it. When I was out of that room, I exhaled a breath I didn't know I was holding. Then I smiled, Phase 1, done!

I walked happily back into the girls' dorm and did the same thing to our dispenser. Phase 2, done! I crawled back into bed and slept completely soundly for the first time since coming to Hogwarts.

☆☆☆☆☆

I awakened to the hustle and bustle of the girls around me. Smiling, I watch most of them get different drinks from the magical dispenser.

I felt a little bad when Gen got her water, and even worse when Ren got a juice, but I knew they would understand if I told them the truth.

Because it was a Saturday, my plan would go perfectly. Once most all of the Slytherins were doing their own things in the common room, I stood up a the front of the room and began, "Hello, fellow Slytherins! I have a proposal."

Considering most of them had nothing better to do, I had their attention. "Who wants to play Truth or Dare?" They all went crazy at that, excited to have actual plans for at least the next few minutes of their day.

We gathered in a circle, and began. It was a fourth-year girl who spoke first. "I'll go first! You." She pointed to a small, rat-like boy with brown hair. "Truth or Dare?"

He recoiled a bit from the attention, but eventually decided, "Truth." Little did he know... I smirked.

"Who, in this room, have you thought about kissing?" She leaned back, impressed by her own maliciousness.

"Well, almost every girl. But, I especially like brunettes. Right now, I've got a crush on Pansy, but I'm too afraid to try to talk to her." The whole room burst out laughing and the boy turned so red he was nearly purple. Pansy averted her gaze onto the carpet.

"Okay, Theo," the girl said. "Now it's your turn to ask someone. Doubt you can top me."

He looked around a little and ultimately decided on Goyle. "Goyle, Truth or Dare?"

Goyle grinned. "Dare. I'm not afraid of anything." Theo smiled at his words, likely wanting that exact reaction to take the attention off himself.

"Okay, good. I dare you to kiss the best-looking person in the room." Goyle was definitely flustered as he frantically searched the room. "Unless you're chicken."

Wow, Theodore's whole demeanor changed when the focus was on someone else. Who's he to judge? I rolled my eyes and glanced back at Goyle as he walked in my direction. I silently begged the universe it would be someone, anyone else.

Fortunately, it was. Unfortunately, it was my best friend. I looked at Gen teasingly, trying my hardest not to laugh at her face as he closed the distance between the two of them. She shoved him off of her face as soon as was humanly possible.