1

Tw: abuse and violence

Rues narrating:

Emerson's life was always strange. For as long as she could remember nothing ever seemed right to her. Not the house she lived in, or her parents marriage, or even the people she tried to be friends with. So she gave up. She settled as a loner. After all she had her best friend, her mom. Her mom was the only thing that ever felt right in her small world.

As wrong as it sounds. Emerson knew her dad was a dick. He would sleep with over woman and pick fights with her mom because of it.The anger she had because of this built up. When she got really mad she would fight people. Anyone who dared to cross her she would fight. She always won too. Fighting never got her far. In fact it caused her parents divorce in a way.

One day Emerson came home with blood on her shirt. She had beaten a girl who never got the courage to fight her until then. Emerson went off the walls crazy. People who had stopped to record had to pull her off. When Emerson walked in with blood splattered on her shirt her dad when crazy too. He started screaming and throwing shit. He had done this all the time so Emerson wasn't fazed.

This day he took it to far. When Emerson didn't react the way he expected he started throwing stuff at her. What happened next Emerson could only help but think what would have happened if her mom got home just a minute sooner.

Emerson's dad took a glass vase and hit it over her head against the wall behind her. Glass spread everywhere Emerson being shoeless couldn't move. Her dad then punched her so hard her head left a dent in the wall and just at that moment her mom walked in.

Emerson never told anyone what happened after that except for this: during trial her dad denied everything even though Emerson's face was badly bruised and the mark of his engagement ring imprinted on her cheek.

So it's safe to say he was a fucked up guy who did fucked up shit. When the divorce was over Emerson and her mom moved here. For the first time ever she felt... normal. The school, the people she knew, her house. It all felt right.

Emerson's pov:
I awoke to the sound of my phone bussing off my night stand I fought it half way down the fall and checked who was calling. Rue.

"Whatttt" I answered sleepily

"Wanna do something fun?" Rue asked. Obviously it was a dumbass question. Who doesn't want to do something fun on a Saturday.

"Obviously. What are we doing?"

"You'll see get ready I'll be there in 10." Rue hung up leaving me to eventually get out of bed. I walked over to my dresser and picked out a simple outfit.

(Emerson's fit ^^^)It was a safe choice

(Emerson's fit ^^^)
It was a safe choice. Nothing could go wrong with jeans and a crop. I slid on my favorite pair of Jordan's. They were rebels and the laces went around the side of the shoe. Their tan and white colors matched everything I wore. I wore them way more than the rest of my Jordan's. I was feeling lazy so I only put on mascara before I headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my hair. (She put in those braids ^^^) Before I went down stairs a grabbed my mango vape. I took one puff and let the flavored air fill my lungs. That was one of my favorite things about my mom. She let me vape. I wasn't supposed to do anything else but what's the fun in following the rules?

I stuffed my vape in my pocket along with my phone and air pods as I headed down stairs.

"Bye mom! I'm going out with rue." I said waving and opening the door slowing to let her have time to respond.

"Okay text me if you won't be home for dinner. You know the rules! Love you." She said cooking herself breakfast.

"I know mama love you too." With that I closed the door and headed to the street say down and enjoyed the sun on my skin before taking out my phone and AirPods to play some music.

I was listening to the song, 34 + 35 by Ariana grande, when rue showed up. I took out my air pod and grabbed my skate board. Rue sped off to be in the front. I stayed behind a bit and enjoyed the midday sun.

After a while of riding around and exploring the town rue and I came to a stop at a gas station. I put my air pod away and applied lip gloss. I assumed rue wanted to steal something and I was going to have to distract the cashier.

I walked into the store and rue was talking to a man with a blunt in his mouth. This was not what I thought it was going to be.

"Yo rue, you know her?" He asked positing to me with his blunt hand.

"Oh yeah Fez this is Emerson." I nodded my head and smiled.

"You can call me Em." I said taking in the store.

"Yo ash. Get yo ass out here I got someone you gonna like." Fez said winking at rue. Not gonna lie I was supper confused. I took a hit of my vape blew a ghost. My trick was ruined by a kid about my age walking into the room.

"Bro that was a waist of my Spicy air." I said rolling my eyes and taking another hit. Then I got a good look at the kid. I'm all for honesty so I'm gonna say it how it is. This kid was hot. I get my cheeks redden. But his seemed to be pink as well.

"Sorry ma. I'm ash." Ash said licking his lips and giving a friendly smile.

"Oh um.. it's ok. Im Emerson you can call me Em though." I said stumbling over my words.

"It's nice to meet ya Em." Ash said before Fez started to speak.

"Aye you too go in the back me and rue got catching up to do." Fez said. I followed ash to the back where many drugs and ashtrays were set up. I sat down on a couch and ash sat next to me.

"Hey ma. What's your number?" Ash asked he seemed nervous before he was cocky now he held his head low. He was scared of rejection.

"No."

"Oh I'm sorry-"

"123-456-7899" I said shoving him lightly into the couch.

"Man, fuck you not cool Em." Ashtray said after a sigh of relief.

"When and where pretty boy?" I didn't even realize I was flirting until Rue walked in.

"Em stop flirting with Ashtray and let him sell me drugs. " she said. Ash named all sorts of drugs I've never herd of and rue gave him a $100 from her bra. "Let's roll bitch." Rue put on sun glasses and walked out of the exit.

"See ya soon pretty boy." I said leaving a gentle kiss on his check before going to catch up with rue.