Chapter Three

I just looked over at the dark haired male with white tips on the strands framing his face. He was wearing a plain grey button up that is tucked into a pair of black jeans. He hadn't noticed us yet and I was about to say something when I was interrupted by an over eccentric brunette male covered in bandages.

"Hey, why don't you go get us something to drink. We will meet you at the table." He exclaimed before dragging Chuuya behind him.

I watched as they approached the table and got the attention of the black haired mae and other customers. I walked up to the register and ordered two coffee's and a tea for the three of us.

I stood off to the side as the waitress busied herself with our drinks. I would have gone back to sit down, but I was trying to delay my meeting with a certain male for as long as possible. As I waited, I turned and looked over at the table the three males were sitting at. Dazai was being his normal self and talked about anything and everything. Chuuya was glaring daggers at him, and Akutagawa just sat across from them with a mildly interested expression.

I didn't realize how long I had been staring until he looked in my direction. He threw a little wave in my direction before his attention was drawn back to something Dazai was saying. Not a minute later, I heard the brunette say my name before pointing in my direction. All three of them looked over at me at the same time, causing me to feel embarrassed. Luckily, our drinks got done at the same time and I was able to look away from them.

I paid before gathering up the three cups in my hands with slight difficulty. I turned around and ran right into someone's chest. The drinks splashed and I struggled to keep my balance. I shifted my feet so that I had a chance at balancing. I was then aided by the feeling of said person's arm wrapping itself around to my back while the other grabbed one of my wrists to steady the cups.

Once I was stable, I looked up at the person I bumped into and gasped when I saw that I had almost spilled these drinks on Akutagawa, the dark haired male I was supposed to be meeting for the first time under calmer circumstances.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry." I apologized.

"Don't be, your friends told me that you could be pretty jumpy. I should have made a noise or something first." He replied before removing his hands from my back and wrist. "Do you want some help?" He gestured to the cups in my hands.

"I-if you don't mind." I nodded before internally cursing myself for stuttering. Come one Atsushi, pull yourself together and quit acting like a giddy schoolgirl.

He took the two cups of coffee, leaving me to carry my tea, and led me back to the table. When we arrived, Dazai had a smug look on his face while Chuuya just offered a small smile.

Chuuya and Dazai were sitting next to each other, leaving me to occupy the seat next to Akutagawa. Luckily, I was seated across from Chuuya and not Dazai because I don't think I could handle his nagging and trying to send me looks by getting my attention with his legs under the table.

Once we were seated and comfortable, Chuuya asked Akutagawa how he has been and what he has been up to for the past year.

"Nothing new to be honest. Just little missions here and there, the boss nagging on me for not doing something fast enough. You know, the usual." Akutagawa shrugged before pointing a finger at Dazai. "I want to know how you all put up with this lunatic for 8-10 hours a day."

"A lot of yelling, screw ups, and laziness." Chuuya replied, which made us all laugh.

"Anyway, enough about us, how is Gin doing? I haven't heard from her in a while." Dazai exclaimed.

"Good, she moved up in ranks and is now an executive. Tachihara isn't too happy about it though." Akutagawa answered with a small chuckle.

"I mean, it goes to show which of the two is stronger and more reliable." Chuuya nodded.