Chapter Sixteen

"Hey baby, time to get up." I rub his shoulder, smiling at the little grunts he gives me before covering his head with the blanket. "You're going to be late if you don't start getting ready."

"I don't care." He mumbles.

"Alright, I can give your boss a call and tell them you won't be in today if that's what you prefer." I get up from the bed. "But I'm going in today."

He peeks out from the blanket with a furrowed eyebrow. "After last night? Aren't you sore?"

"A bit, but I'm actually pretty energized and want to do something."

"We could do something together." He pushes the blanket down and rubs his face before sighing and letting them fall limp by his head.

"We could, but I can't miss too much more work. That week I was kicked out of the building because of you plaguing my mind, you being sick and me taking care of you, and the day I took off just so we could have a calm day together added up and I have been out for two and a half weeks. Until I can build that up again, I can't skip anymore." I say, leaning over to give him a quick kiss.

"Does that mean I have to get up too?" He whines.

"You don't have to, I'll call in and say you aren't going in today." He shakes his head and pushes himself up.

"No, don't do that. I'll go." He yawns and stretches his arms above his head. "I can't have my angel out working me after all."

"You still call me angel after all those sounds from last night?" I question.

"You sounded angelic." He shrugs before throwing his blankets off.

I roll my eyes as a light blush burned its way onto my face. "I'll go make you some breakfast."

I leave the room and head into the kitchen to begin making some breakfast as well as feed Milo and respond to Chuuya's message. He responds immediately.

Chuuya
Just a fair warning that Dazai is on another big suicide kick

Me
Of course he is 🙄
Give me thirty minutes and I'll be there
Don't let him near my desk

Chuuya
Sure thing
We also have an errand to run when you get here

Me
K
See you soon

C

huuya
Yep

I finish making breakfast and set Ryu's plate on the table, wincing ever so slightly when I turn around.

"I went a little harder than before didn't I?"

I turn around and find Ryu buttoning and zipping his pants as well as lace a belt through the loops.

"A little, but I'm fine." I tell him while fixing my plate.

He wraps his arms around my waist and places a soft kiss on the nape of my neck. "You would tell me I you weren't wouldn't you?"

"Of course." I pat his hand on my stomach before turning to put my plate on the table.

He turns me around in his arms to look me in the eyes.

"You're not mad?" He asks.

"Nope. If you don't believe me, text Chuuya when I get to work and ask him if I seem mad." I reply, getting a little irritated with his uncertainty in me not telling him the truth.