The Engagement

He drove us to the mall and we walked into Barnes and Noble. I said "So what's on your mind bubba?" he said, "What gave it away... the bookstore?" I said "Among other things, so spill." he said, "What do you think of Alice?" I said "What?" he said, "Well, I know you are not as fond of Edward right now or Jasper for that matter, and I need to know how you feel about her." I started putting books in the basket he was carrying as I said "Well, I am so happy you have found someone to love, and honestly she is probably my favorite Cullen right about now. I mean yes she left but she kept in contact with you, so what is this about?" he said, "Do you think she'd say yes if I proposed?" I squealed making him shush me and took a breath and he said, "I take it, you're ok with me marrying her?" I said "Of course I am, she makes you happy Alex and as your sister, that is all I want for you. Besides she has probably already planned your wedding from the first vision she ever had of you." 

He put the basket on the counter and pulled out one of Alice's credit cards as he said "Do girls do that?" I giggled as he paid for my books and said "Yeah, I mean I've had a wedding planner with Jasper since I first laid eyes on him." he grabbed the bags from the cashier and we headed to the car, we got in and he said, "Do you think she will say yes?" I said "Oh definitely." he said, "Would you say yes to Jasper?" I sighed "As mad as I am with him for leaving me, for turning me, I still can't say I wouldn't jump at the chance to be his wife." He said, "Well, spouses get mad at each other too, besides he is good for you." I said "Maybe but... he'd never propose to me." Alex said, "Why do you say that?" I said, "Because I keep messing up, if you haven't noticed I suck at being a girlfriend." He parked the car and said, "Rae Rae you don't suck, but why won't you tell him whats wrong?" I shook my head "You don't want to hear this." he said, "Oh god is it sexual?" I couldn't help but laugh at the face he was making. 

Jasper opened my door and said "Having fun grossing out your brother?" I said "Actually yes. It's been my favorite game since birth." Alex shoved me and said, "Yeah one you should quit." I said "Alex haven't you heard? Im going to live forever which means so will the game." he said "Yeah, yeah, twin sisters are so annoying. Now come on, and grab your phone." Jazz said, "Am I missing something?" I said "No your right on time." Alex and I got out of the car and Jasper grabbed my bags of books. Alex said, "Everyone comes outside please." 

I pulled my phone out and hit record as everyone filed outside. Bella came out carrying her backpack, Alex said "Mary Alice Brandon Cullen, I have known and loved you for three years. I can't imagine my life without you, our love is so strong that even when you moved still we never went a day without words exchanged. You are one of the three most important people in my life, only sharing the spot with my sisters. You are my best friend, I love how bubbly you are, I love how happy you are daily, and I like that you are my girlfriend. However I think it's time to change something, I think its time to change your name, so..." he got down on one knee, pulled out a ring, and said "Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife and being Alice Swan?" everything and everyone was silent for a second and then she screamed and tackled him to the ground kissing him. He sat back up pulling her with him and said "Is that... does that mean yes?" Alice giggled "Yes, absolutely, one thousand percent, yes." He said "Are you sure you can handle being RaeLynn's sister? She is kind of nuts." I chuckled and gently kicked him as she said "I wouldn't have it any other way." he put the diamond on her finger and Bella opened her bag and tossed the contents up in the air, making rose petals fall on them as they kissed. 

The Cullen's converged on the happily engaged couple, I stopped the video as Bella wrapped her arms around me from behind and laid her head on my shoulder as she mumbled "Who do you think is next?" I gave her a pointed look which told her I thought Edward would propose next. She said, "I disagree." She said, "Is that what twin time was about?" I nodded "He took me to a bookstore, he wanted to know what I thought of her." Bella said, "And?" I smiled at the happy couple "She makes him happy and that's all I have ever wanted for him. After mom died he had a rough time, he didn't have time to be the grieving little boy, he had to take care of me. Now he has her, our new sister-in-law. He will take care of her but most importantly, she will also take care of him. He is in love, it's a feeling we know quite well and if all he needed was my support then he didn't have to look far because I will support him in anything and you can't get better than a soulmate."

Bella said, "It could be worse." I said, "Yeah, she could hate us I mean we are his sisters." Bella said, "We all got lucky." I said, "Yeah, this is a close nit family which means we won't ever lose him." Bella said "Even if we hadn't fallen for a set of sibling vampires, we'd never lose him, Rae. He wouldn't allow it." I said "I can't believe it." she said, "Believe what?" I said "You graduating B, and Alex is getting married. Where does that leave me?" she said "That leaves you right where you belong. Here in this family, where you are loved, safe, and protected. One day you'll get your dreams and right now we can watch our brother get his." I said "And you get yours." she said "Im not the one getting married." I said "Hasn't he been asking you for the last 5 months?" she blushed "Yeah, I'm just worried about how my mom will take it. Besides we have Victoria to worry about, she is still around." She grabbed my hand and we walked away from the family and sat down she said "Im also trying to convince him to do something first." 

I said "Whats that?" she said "I want to have sex with him, while I'm human. He says I need every human experience but is denying me this one." I said "Why?" she sighed "Because he wants to be married first." I said "Do you want to marry him?" she smiled "Of course I do." I said "Hello, marry him and then have a normal honeymoon before you change. He wants to marry you first, and you want to have sex as a human first, that's not a very hard compromise." she looked confused "Why didn't I think of that?" I said "Cause you the good girl, duh." she said, "Now you, how come you keep pulling away from Jasper?" I said, "Because he stopped touching me long before he left, what if he is no longer interested in me sexually?" She said "Um I'm sorry did you miss the whole grass scene? The Cullens were close to leaving so you two were alone. Why have you always been so insecure? You are gorgeous my sista." I said "Because of the scars, B. They make me feel ugly, even when we did have sex I tried my hardest to make sure he never saw them. I was hoping when I turned they go away but I guess the transformation only heals current injuries."

Bella said, "Um sis, in case you haven't noticed, he doesn't care." I said "How would you know?" she said, "Oh I don't know, sister's intuition, the fact that he is standing right behind you, could be any number of reasons." I froze, of course, he was behind me. He said "Bella, can we have a moment?" she kissed my head before retreating to the party, I stood up he was behind me. So close I could feel his breath as he said "I tell you I love you, but do you understand what I mean by that? I mean understand, how deep do my feelings for you go?" I said "I know you love me, Jasper, you aren't the problem, I mean god you're perfect. I am the problem." 

He laced our fingers together and pulled me flat against his chest wrapping our hands back around his body as he said "I thought you were mad at me?" I said "I am mad at you." he said, "So you think I'm perfect even when you're pissed because I screwed up?" I nodded and he continued "Then how come you can seem to grasp how I think of you, how i... see you?" I shrugged and he said "My gift is to feel others' emotions and manipulate them too. But I can also do this." he trailed off, and all of the sudden I was hit with like 10 freight trains filled to the brim with Love, happiness, desire, lust, admiration, euphoria. It took my breath away like it was hard to breathe and it made me nervous. It also made my stomach feel like it was full of butterflies, it made me crave his touch, his voice, his smell. I closed my eyes and threw my head back as I relished in him, his touch, his smell, his closeness. These feelings I feel on the daily basis for this man, but at this moment it was tripled.  

The feelings turned me on, which in turn increased my desire and lust. He whispered, "You feel these emotions every day, but what your feeling right now is how I feel every second of every day." I said "What do you mean?" he said, "I lifted my gift off of me and put it on you, so you are currently feeling your own emotions and mine." I said "Wouldnt it has doubled? Why did it triple?" he said "Because my gift makes it so I feel all emotions twice as hard as any vampire," he released one of my hands long enough to capture it in his other so my hands were together, and he snaked his now free hand around to rest on my stomach under my shirt "To think I wasn't sexually attracted to you is absurd, yes you have scars, and I love every inch of your body, mind, and soul." He let go of me, then took my hand urging me to follow him I said "My brother is celebrating." Jasper said, "He will understand, and Alice will tell him you're with me." I smiled and let him drag me away.